Vitamins & Calcium & D3 Oh My!!!

Honeymixer

Well, here's my problem in a nutshell:

I live in a very, very small town where the nearest pet store is about 45 minutes away & does not supply a variety of choices especially when it comes to Reptile products! :main_angry: I would like to know what I can do with what they have available and whether or not it's everything Leopard Geckos need... If not, please point me in the direction of the nearest online supplier to Canada that accepts PayPal so I can purchase more appropriate products!

Here's what they have:

-Rep-Cal Phosphorous-Free Calcium with Vit. D3 Ultrafine Powder
-Exo-Terra Calcium Liquid Supplement Drinkwater conditioner
-Exo-Terra Electrolyte & Vitamin D3 Liquid Supplement

I will be feeding staple diet of mealworms if that affects anything.

PS
Yes, I have read through most of the forum threads regarding supplements and also many, many, MANY care sheets for Leos however instead of just plain calcium and plain multi-vitamin that I had read about, I found these. :help:

All suggestions and comments welcome! Thank you!!!

Honey

Ga_herps

Southern leo breeder
Rep-cal would be my top choice. It's what I have been using for pretty much all my herps including darts when I used to breed them. I would go with the Rep-cal+D3. It has never caused any ill effects in any of my critters.

Honeymixer

Rep-cal would be my top choice. It's what I have been using for pretty much all my herps including darts when I used to breed them. I would go with the Rep-cal+D3. It has never caused any ill effects in any of my critters.

Thank you! It says on the container that they suggest to mix it with their vitamin supplement Herptivite, do you do that? It wasn't available in the store so should I order some? Also, do you use Rep-cal as your duster AND to leave in a small cap for them to use?

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
Amazon doesn't do pay pal? Hm thought they did.

Here's some information on mixing Rep-cal products: http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm

"We ask that you mix Rep-Cal with our vitamin supplement Herptivite. If we premixed the products, the "beadlets" of beta carotene in Herptivite may possibly be damaged during manufacturing by the calcium in Rep-Cal. Mix with vegetables, fruits, and pastes approximately 1/2 tablespoon Rep-Cal with 1/2 tablespoon Herptivite per pound of food.

Before feeding insects:
1) Thoroughly mix a 1:1 ratio of Rep-Cal and Herptivite in a plastic bag.
2) Place insects in the bag.
3) Shake slowly until they are completely covered.
No other supplementation is required. Contains no added starch, sugar, soy preservatives, artificial coloring, flavoring, or fragrance. Consult your veterinarian for any special nutritional problems or advice."

If you want to avoid the whole mixing issue you can also try Repashy superfoods calcium plus ICB. Here's a link where you can order it from: http://www.joshsfrogs.com/product/1367/27/repashy-calcium-plus-icb-4-oz

They have the pay pal symbol at the bottom of their home page so my guess is they accept pay pal.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

roger

Well, here's my problem in a nutshell:

I live in a very, very small town where the nearest pet store is about 45 minutes away & does not supply a variety of choices especially when it comes to Reptile products! :main_angry: I would like to know what I can do with what they have available and whether or not it's everything Leopard Geckos need... If not, please point me in the direction of the nearest online supplier to Canada that accepts PayPal so I can purchase more appropriate products!

Here's what they have:

-Rep-Cal Phosphorous-Free Calcium with Vit. D3 Ultrafine Powder
-Exo-Terra Calcium Liquid Supplement Drinkwater conditioner
-Exo-Terra Electrolyte & Vitamin D3 Liquid Supplement

I will be feeding staple diet of mealworms if that affects anything.

PS
Yes, I have read through most of the forum threads regarding supplements and also many, many, MANY care sheets for Leos however instead of just plain calcium and plain multi-vitamin that I had read about, I found these. :help:

All suggestions and comments welcome! Thank you!!!

Honey

I sent u a PM.I'm in toronto ontario.where are u located ? .Hopefully i can steer u in the right direction

Last edited:

prettyinpink

Amazon doesn't do pay pal? Hm thought they did.

Here's some information on mixing Rep-cal products: http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm

"We ask that you mix Rep-Cal with our vitamin supplement Herptivite. If we premixed the products, the "beadlets" of beta carotene in Herptivite may possibly be damaged during manufacturing by the calcium in Rep-Cal. Mix with vegetables, fruits, and pastes approximately 1/2 tablespoon Rep-Cal with 1/2 tablespoon Herptivite per pound of food.

Before feeding insects:
1) Thoroughly mix a 1:1 ratio of Rep-Cal and Herptivite in a plastic bag.
2) Place insects in the bag.
3) Shake slowly until they are completely covered.
No other supplementation is required. Contains no added starch, sugar, soy preservatives, artificial coloring, flavoring, or fragrance. Consult your veterinarian for any special nutritional problems or advice."

If you want to avoid the whole mixing issue you can also try Repashy superfoods calcium plus ICB. Here's a link where you can order it from: http://www.joshsfrogs.com/product/1367/27/repashy-calcium-plus-icb-4-oz

They have the pay pal symbol at the bottom of their home page so my guess is they accept pay pal.

Hope that helps.

No no, don't do what it says on the container please... That's not what leos, bearded dragons, ect need.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
No no, don't do what it says on the container please... That's not what leos, bearded dragons, ect need.

Then how is the average person suppose to know how to mix their suppliments then? That's why I like to avoid the whole mixing issue and go with an all in one. It makes life sooo much easier. Do you know if/how they should be mixed for leos and dragons etc Erica?

Visit our friends