From 4 to 8 in a matter of a day!!

BabyLeo09

So, today I was going to fix up my geckos' lay box to switch the substrate to vermiculite. As I lifted up the box I found 2 gecko eggs..When I removed the log I found 2 more!! However, they are slightly small. The first two that my one female laid her first time that are still incubating were literally HUGE, but the rest since have been smaller. Can they still possibly be fertile? Also, my two larger ones were laid towards the end of April. They are a nice white color except for the top and bottom, which is kind of a creamy color. Is this ok? I candled them and found both to be pink in color, and there are veins and whatnot present, but I haven't really been able to see much else, except for one that looks like it may have a darkish mass on the inside, which I am assuming is a baby. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:)

BabyLeo09

Ok..Well when they hatch, how long do I leave them in the incubator? Or do I let them absorb the yolk sack in another container????

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
I generally let my bebes rest for a few hours after hatching, but you can move them to their new home the same day.

I move the whole egg container into their new enclosure under low light, and gently shoo them out of the egg container. After that you keep them damp and let them be until day 3 or their first shed...usually they will shed by then; but some hold out up to a week or so. I try to offer medium-small mealworms on about the 3rd/4th day.

miiike

About the subsequent smaller eggs; do you have a calcium dish in the tank with the females?

BabyLeo09

Yes I do have a calcium dish in their tank. I figure that they may not have gotten enough calcium because the first eggs from my second female were dented..However, they've plumped up since then.

Visit our friends