Im having.... Girl problems..

Ehatcher

One of my females will not breed. I have put her in with 3 different males and the same thing happens. She starts flailing and smacking them with her tail, then bites the fire out of them and then starts flailing her tail and body like CRAZY again... to the point to where i think that repetitive introducing of a male could lead to her dropping her tail. She mauled one of the males so badly she left two huge sores, that have since healed completely. I have seen females not be receptive, but the way this female spazzes and FREAKS out....Im at a loss for words here.

Could i have a hot female on my hands?

Before anyone asks, YES she is a female.

RampantReptiles

I have the same situation. I have tried introducing 2 different males and she does this kind of slow tail swinging and then when the male tries to get close she bites the crap out of him.

Yes she is ovulating, I can even see eggs forming in her sides.

Sammag

Rampant Reptiles,

Dont quote me on this, but normally, dont eggs develop AFTER the fact? That being that the male and female succesfully mated. Is it possible this could have happened when you werent watching? For most of my leos it takes barely a few seconds to copulate. If eggs are devloping, then she has most likely already mated and does not want anything to do with another male for awhile. Just a theory.

Landen

LSReptiles
Rampant Reptiles,

Dont quote me on this, but normally, dont eggs develop AFTER the fact? That being that the male and female succesfully mated. Is it possible this could have happened when you werent watching? For most of my leos it takes barely a few seconds to copulate. If eggs are devloping, then she has most likely already mated and does not want anything to do with another male for awhile. Just a theory.

+1

even if the eggs are not fertile, she's not going to want to breed if she's already got eggs forming. She's either already bred to the first male or she's infertile. If she's infertile you can reintroduce after she lays the first set.

RampantReptiles

hot female? do they ovulate?

Landen - I didnt know that was how it worked... I guess the gecko sperm cant pass through egg membrane?

I watched the whole time they were together and no copulation occurred. She laid many infertile eggs last year and this is the first time I have tried putting a male with her to make fertile eggs. Even with the first male before she was forming eggs and was just ovulating she wasnt interested.

She laid 1 egg yesterday or the day before... cant remember. Has not laid the other yet, I can see it in her stomach so I know there is another one. Changed the substrate in her moist hide from paper towels to coconut fiber so hopefully that will encourage her to lay the other egg.

Visit our friends