Lights on and off

suz830

I had recently been keeping a UVA/UVB bulb on for about 8 hours during the day, I want to see if she will come out of her hide more if I turn the lights off and not have them come on at all.

Do you think this would stress her out? I have had her about a month so she has been with light for that amount of time for sure. I just don't know if this change will stress her out.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
She should be fine without the light, most breeders and many hobbyists keep their geckos in rack systems without any lighting, and if you have a light sensitive morph like an albino having the light on can be a source of stress.

JordanAng420

She doesn't need the UVB light. In fact, i've heard more negative than positive about leopard geckos and UVB. Until someone gives me a reason to believe otherwise, I will continue to advise against it. The UTH should provide more than enough heat for your little friend. If you really want to continue with lights, you can use the Night-Glo blacklight from Exoterra at night, and during the day you could do just a regular bulb that's maybe about 40 watts...just make sure you're using some kind of thermostat and thermometer to be sure the temps don't get too high.

Visit our friends