Ovulating female?? Help!

delta029

Hey there im new to the forum. I have a female leopard gecko who is almost fully grown. Im new to gecko keeping as she is my first one and ive only had her for about a month. She has seemed fine and eats crickets and mealworms dusted with the appropriate vitamins and calcium. 3 days ago she went off her food and started digging up the eco earth in her moist hide as well as being active at odd hours of the day and night. She also tries to climb up the sides of the glass in her tank. I have noticed her belly has been strangely bloated but she has been pooping regularly lol so im not sure if she has eggs inside of her? She has two white oval shapes showing through her underside. Hopefully you can see from the photo I inserted?

. 20150622_221410.jpg

Ruvik

Yeah it sound like she may lay eggs or at least be ovulating. Do you know where you got her from and if she was kept with other geckos?

delta029

She was being housed with 2 other geckos. They told me they were all females but I know that Petstore employees can sometimes be less than knowledgeable. Either way, it has been worrying me. Is there anything I should do?

delta029

Oh dear :( I dont have the setup at the moment to hatch eggs! Ahhhh:bigcry: At least its not impaction they had her on sand in the petstore. How long do you think it will be before she lays? I am worried about her not eating. She seems totally uninterested in food but very uncomfortable.

delta029

Quick update: She laid two large eggs in the middle of the cage floor last night. I doubt they are fertile but il keep them in the eco earth for a bit anyways. She seems to be eating like a cow now lol so i assume she will recover fine. Thanks for the help guys! :)

Visit our friends