Baby got belly...

W

Wretched

This is Milla. She is my first leo, a few years old, beautiful and well, huge. She just keeps gaining weight. I dont have a scale, but she has gotten consistantly fatter in the last few months. Is this unhealthy? I never se her eat, and she spends all her time in her humid hide. She seems healthy enough, but I'm just a leetle worried.

Fatty1.jpg

Does this sheet make me look fat?

Fatty2.jpg

Just another bite?

Fatty3.jpg

Love Handles!

So yes, is she too fat? If so, how to help them lose weight?

Stitch

She doesn't look "unhealthy fat" to me. She looks like shes got good weight. If you are concerned about it, cut back on the amount she is eating or feed her every other day or both. Just look for her to lose weight and when she reaches it adjust her food to maintain it. All in all you have nothing to worry about.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Oh she has got a big belly! I have a very chubby girl (95g) that I just put on diet, I don't let her eat her favourite mealworms now, she is only getting ONE small/medium roach every other day.

(Whitie, please don't hate me...)

Arconna

My normal girl looks a lot like that too. I wouldn't be too concerned about it. As long as she is active and not just lying around all the time and is eating I think she's fine.
You should get a scale though just to check her weights and monitor them. I do that every so often and check all my animals weights. Then if she's really big you can brag about how many grams she is :p.

S

sacredcreatures

She looks Great to me! She does have a belly but looks very Healthy. What all do you feed her and how often?

GoGo

I'm Watching You
Fat geckos are awesome geckos, ready to be bred and get themselves a happy family. And their also so chubbily cuteeeeeeeeeeeee

W

Wretched

sacredcreatures said:
She looks Great to me! She does have a belly but looks very Healthy. What all do you feed her and how often?

She eats mealworms mostly, i leave a dish in wither her most the time as she is with two other leo's. She will occasionaly get a silkworm or a waxworm, but not lately. She really just hangs out with the other female in the cage named Buddah (a tremper albino that likewise pretty chunky, tho she came that way. People keep giving me geckos. Whyyyyy?)

R

Reptileking$

My patternless female will go up to 102 grams when she is not gravid and being gravid is usually around 98 grams she is one of the larges non- giants I have seen though and I feed all my leopard geckos every 3rd-4th day right now.

Visit our friends