Flooding!

C

Cryptly

I just got sent home from work due to flooding and roads closing left and right. weeee!!! The drive home was fun!

So far in my area it's pretty clear. I think I'm high enough in the hills to avoid being evacuated.

I just hope it clears up by tomorrow. . .I'm supposed to get a gecko from FedEx tomorrow. :(

C

Cryptly

First post should read "package from Xavier via FedEx".

Brain moving faster than I can type. :p

It has pretty much been raining nonstop for the past couple of days. Wish it would stop raining! :main_angry:

Flash flood warnings for the rest of today and into tomorrow morning. Many roads closed. I'm worried about my new gecko being able to make it here on time. :(

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah the rain is ridiculous right now. The susquehanna river 15min away from us is on the verge of overflowing. Pretty soon that waters going to be in some unhappy folks basements. My aunt and uncle had to take their boat out because the water levels were rising really fast. This rain really stinks.

C

Cryptly

Every body of water around here is overflowing. I've got a lake forming in my backyard. :p And just a few minutes ago I discovered a leak in my roof!!! :main_angry: Good thing it's above the sink. . .not looking forward to trying to get a tarp over it until I can get it fixed. :main_angry:

Good thing is, my gecko hasn't shipped yet! yay! Will reschedule shipping. :)

N

nora

ew....the susquehanna river... ew.

I remembered how nasty the susquehanna was (still is) when i lived in binghamton.. there wasnt one person in the southern tier that would even step foot in there.. lol

Kris where in ny do you live?

N

nora

i got a cousin that lives in rochester and his parents (my aunt and uncle) live in brockport.. and they were telling me how bad it was raining there...

we got load of rain over the weekend here too.. of course where i am, we're desparate for the rain because of the wild brush fires that keep flairing up (we have such a bad deficit)

Val

nora said:
ew....the susquehanna river... ew.

I remembered how nasty the susquehanna was (still is) when i lived in binghamton.. there wasnt one person in the southern tier that would even step foot in there.. lol

Kris where in ny do you live?

Never heard of Binghamton, but the Susquehanna is fine here! :main_thumbsup:

C

Cryptly

I'm in Stamford NY, aka The Middle of Nowhere.

It's finally stopped raining. . .mostly, but it's hot as hell now. :p Still have flash flood warnings, and they're saying sporadic rain through out the night. Not sure if the roads are still closed or not.

I lucked out here so far, but a lot of the towns around me got hit pretty bad. My friend in Gilboa took her kids to her mom's, she's afraid the Gilboa dam is going give. The water level is getting pretty high. :anxious:

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Man that sucks, we have had flash flood warnings all over the TV the last several days and that usually means a nasty basement cleanup but Ive been lucky so far.

Wish you guys luck and hope its not that bad!

Val

We just watched the news, and they're advising us to boil and conserve water and a few streets are closed to flooding. The local rivers are all starting to get a little too high, and they've evacuated one small town and are preparing to do some moving in Harrisburg. I just miss the sun..this weather is depressing and it shows no signs of stopping.

John N

JCN Reptiles
Very depressing... Our basement is flooded too an its such a pain an hasle to get the pumps running.

Hopefully this summer will get better!

J

Jedi Master Bruce

I am sorry for all of your situations. Two years ago, we had several back-to- back hurricanes with the rain, then no power for a week. I know how bad it sucks for you right now.

My area got it a week ago. It was not fun. Cars were floating by lol. Only in certain low areas though.

Lowes sold a ton of sump pumps that night and the day after.

C

Cryptly

It's raining again!!! And they've extended the flood warning from 7am to 10am. :p Not sure if roads are open yet or not. Have to check with the fire department later, they'll know.

Downsville was evacuated last night. My friend in Walton sent me a picture of his car floating in his backyard. Oneonta and Delhi are still pretty flooded too.

I need to go to Oneonta to get crickets. . .

Val

John N said:
Very depressing... Our basement is flooded too an its such a pain an hasle to get the pumps running.

Hopefully this summer will get better!

I heard Lancaster was getting it pretty bad. Hope everything clears up for you John! If it helps any...right now I can look out my window and see sunlight!! It's the first time in who knows how long.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I feel so bad for all of you, sounds like what happened in my area a few weeks back. It is weird though, I am not far from any of you and we aren't getting any flooding. There was a flood warning over the weekend, we did have some downpours, but nothing as bad as your getting.

I just looked out side, it is very cloudy here, hopefully I didn't just jinx myself

Visit our friends