Rack Ideas for Tanks

G

GeckoMandi

I only have 5 gecko's at the moment 4 are in 10 gallon tanks and 1 is in a 20 gallon tank, they are on 10/20 gallon tank stands and my room is busting at the seams with geckos, does anyone have any good ideas on building a stand that could house them all, maybe not the 20 gallon tank but I can always just get another 10 to make it 5. I would like it sit up against one wall which would give me walking space back, lol.

I'm not going to build it my boyfriend is, but just looking for good ideas to start out, I haven't looked around at shelving units at like wal-mart but they most likely won't be wide enough for the tanks.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Here is a photo of how I keep my tank set-ups:

set-up1.JPG

G

GeckoMandi

Golden Gate Geckos said:
Here is a photo of how I keep my tank set-ups:

set-up1.JPG
That is an awesome set up Marcia GEEZ!! It's so neat and pretty! Did you have that built?

gaparicio

Let's Go Bears!
GeckoMandi said:
That is an awesome set up Marcia GEEZ!! It's so neat and pretty! Did you have that built?

WOW. I always prefer realistic setups over racks unless I get like over 30 geckos lol. How many do you keep in each tank?

G

GeckoMandi

gaparicio said:
WOW. I always prefer realistic setups over racks unless I get like over 30 geckos lol. How many do you keep in each tank?

I do to I have them in tanks with cute stuff, 1 gecko in each tank. I just want to put them all together in once place in my room until I move, and even when I move I will still have the setup, I want to make it out of wood just looking for ideas.

G

GeckoMandi

Well that was a good find marcia hopefully this weekend I get out to some yard sales, and maybe even a few salvage shops to see what I can dig up.

G

GeckoMandi

heres a pic I did up in psp of what I want and we are going to start on tomorrow actually, because I have the rest of the week off, ill also take pics of the process. :)

brandy101010

GeckoMandi said:
heres a pic I did up in psp of what I want and we are going to start on tomorrow actually, because I have the rest of the week off, ill also take pics of the process. :)

I used to have a setup sort of like that. learn from my mistake and make sure you leave enough space to easily get your hands and arms in there or your going to have to take the tanks off the shelf every time you have to get in lol. seems like common sense but I guess I diddn't have any that day. :main_laugh:

G

GeckoMandi

That was the first thing I said, I have screen lids and some regular tank hoods w/lights I want to make it tall enough to have room to do my thing whatever that may be and wide enough so I don't have to pull the tanks out. I hope we aren't forgetting anything else lol.

I just hope this goes smoothly when we get together on our projects (b.f and I) we may end up using the shotguns instead of nailguns lol.

G

GeckoMandi

Well we didn't build anything just put together lol

We went to home depot and after looking around for what I needed and everything I got the cost to over $130 bucks, so we went down the storage aisle and found this shelving unit and I really like it paid $60 and it's really darn sturdy, not what I wanted but at least I have some WALKING space in my room now, plus I can add at least 3 more tanks to this on the bottom and top shelves. hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

Visit our friends