Bold Stripe Bell (I Think)

Tanga

Picked up this little girl (or guy, not sure yet) at the white plains show this past weekend for $25. Don't know the name of the table, they didn't have a card, but they were located at the far left of the facility and they had a table full of other gecko species like tokays, goldens and tarantulas as well.

I'm guessing this is a bold striped bell? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the morph I.D., it's deli cup was just labeled as a "hypo leopard gecko." I don't know it's background or genetic information. Excuse the poor picture quality, a blackberry is all I have at my reach at the moment ,better pictures will follow.

img00049r.jpg

img00046d.jpg

Last edited:

Tanga

TY Ken, you're so right about it being super sensitive to light, it has a hard time catching it's roaches, even in a dimly lit room I have to literally put them up to it's nose, hopefully this will improve as it ages? I've never owned a bell albino, only trempers, and I've heard the bell strains are the most light sensitive?
Anyways yeah I wasn't sure if it was a bold striped bell or not, even if it isn't she is a beautiful little one.

Tanga

Okay so I guess it's safe to say I have a Jungle Bell instead of a bold striped bell, I keep calling it a "Jingle Bell" lol

I'm fairly certain she's a bell albino because her/his eyes are really, really red and super duper light sensitive, and also has darker markings than a tremper hatchling.

another question, wouldn't it be considered a bold stripe and not a regular jungle though because the tail is also striped too and not banded???

cassadaga

Oregon Rainwater
You can call it a stripe, but it's not very bold, in my opinion. Bold stripes have to be BOLD. I think it looks like some of the hypo stripes I have hatched, and really doubt the pattern will be bold as an adult. Definitely a Bell though.

Visit our friends