Keeping leos in groups

Rhacodactyl

I'll probably be getting 4 or 5 females before long to keep communually, but there may be some size differences among them. How different would 2 females have to be in size to justify keeping them separate until the younger one catches up? I just don't want any of the smaller girls getting picked on. Also, will I have to watch them very carefully to make sure they don't grab each other's tails and feet from a feeding response or should they have enough sense to leave each other alone? Thanks.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I wouldn't worry so much about aggression amongst them, but rather the competion for food. I used to keep a group of 4 females together, although, they were all similar in size. They did very well. If they are still juvies I'd say no to a group because they're still growing.

Rhacodactyl

Thanks, from what I've seen I think they'll all be around 20 grams at least (haven't picked out any definite purchases yet so maybe larger), I was just worried a larger female might be rough on a smaller one if there was a noticeable size difference, say 10 grams or so. I was planning to get them accustomed to feeding on mealworms from a dish most of the time, so hopefully that will cut back on food competition. I appreciate the input, and I've decided to stick to 4 females just to be safe and make them a little less crowded.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Just make sure you check on the food supply daily and if any aren't gaining weight you should seperate them. You'll also want to have at least 2 hides.

Visit our friends