What do I do from here?

S

sacredcreatures

Hi All! I was wondering what the best move would be for the youngens I have now- The parents are SHT x Rain Water. Most are looking Hypo and tangy compared to being a normal. So I was wondering what I should breed them back to next season, SHT's or RW? And what would I get? I am thinking to breed them back to the father who is RW, I tried to get mostly females, we will see. What do you all think? Thanks

PrototypeGeckos

My Opinion

Well, my opinion would be to breed them back to the Rainwater father, or use a male and a female from that group and breed them, unless you want more hypo het albino (or possible het?) babies. If you breed them back to the father or breed them together you should get some tangerine Rainwater Albinos if I am not mistaken, correct me if I am wrong? That would be the route I would take, but if you bred them to another HT you would just increase the tangerine but still wouldn't have any albinos. Hope that helps, I am learning too, lol. Compared to some on here I have ALOT of catching up to do!!

S

sacredcreatures

Thanks Shaun, Thats what I thought. And to think it was a accident that the RW got in with my SHT's. I'd can't wait for next year babies!!!!!

IMacBevan

I think it really depends on what your expectations are. If you are looking for SHT Rainwater amels then breed them back to the Rainwater Father, each neonate has a 50/50 chance of being amelanistic. If you are more interested in refining the SHT, then breed them to each other and intensify the gene pool a bit.

Just my opinion,

Ian

Visit our friends