Bell super hybino x red stripe??

L

lubricus

Im trying to get some red strips het for bell albino, but Im not sure what I would get if I bred my male bell hybino to a red stripe, do you think that I would get some red stripes het bell? or just some nice looking normal hets?
Thanks Bill
male from CCG
DSC02563.jpg

female from HQR
zsa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lubricus

Oops! I almost forgot 1 more question, I have a few red stripe females that are het for tremper albino, what do you think the outcome would be if I bred them with my male Carrothead Carrottail Tangerine Jungle Giant Albino?
malebill_Small.jpg

eyelids

Bells Rule!
From what I've seen you could get Red Stripes het Bell or at least nice abberants. Your Tremper looks kind of stripish so I'd say you should get some stripes or red stripes. Jeremy, Kelli, Ian, and the Dans what do you say?

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
Ditto, on the Bells. As far as Red Stripes being bred to the APTOR bloodlines, you will get all patterned geckos, possible even a RS or RSAlbino.

I have hatched over 20 babies so far from APTOR X Red Stripe X APTOR & RAPTOR. Each one is unique, but mostly they are the "Patternless" and Reverse Striped, types.

Ian S.

Well I really wish I could be of more help speaking from my breeding results, however I have had quite the nifty unforeseen results with my pairings. First my tang bell male turned out to be het for stripe, and I hatched out a nice stripe bell from a pair of het hybinos. If your hybino bell male came from Kelli H then you may be in for a couple stripes yourself. Technically if you breed your bell hybino to the red stripe you should hatch out normal / tangerine double het for red stripe bell. As for the red stripes het Tremper x CCTJGA you should hatch out some nice stripes,jungles,reverse stripes and of course all of the previously mentioned in Tremper amelanistic form.

Last edited:
L

lubricus

I thought a bell albino red stripe would be kind-of cool, something different around here (Ontario) and also make for a interesting breeding project;)

And of course Id love to make some giant tremper albino red stripes:main_yes:

PS I guess you can tell I have a thing for red stripes;)

Ian S.

lubricus said:
PS I guess you can tell I have a thing for red stripes;)
You and me both!:main_thumbsup:
Have you seen mine or Kelli's red stripe bells?

L

lubricus

Ian S. said:
Thats one sweet tremper by the way!! :)
Thanks! hes one of my favorites.

My male Bell came from Jason (CCG) Im pretty sure his Bell's were from Kelli.
Thanks guys, maybe I'll be in for a few surprises this year;)

L

lubricus

Ian S. said:
You and me both!:main_thumbsup:
Have you seen mine or Kelli's red stripe bells?
I seen Kelli's, can you post a few of yours for me to see?
Thanks Bill

Ian S.

lubricus said:
Thanks! hes one of my favorites.

My male Bell came from Jason (CCG) Im pretty sure his Bell's were from Kelli.
Thanks guys, maybe I'll be in for a few surprises this year;)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!!
I agree the red stripe bells would be a fantastic "first of it's kind in Canada" project. Good luck!

Ian S.

lubricus said:
Awesome:main_thumbsup: I cant wait, every time I think of a good breeding projekt someone beats me to it:eek: :main_laugh: anyone dun giant bell red strips yet?;)
Not sure about the giant red stripe bells. I wouldn't cross trempers into bells thats for certain. If I remember correctly, non other than dat sweet gal herself Kelli H has a form of giant going on in her bell hybinos. Not sure as to any details though.

L

lubricus

Ian S. said:
Not sure about the giant red stripe bells. I wouldn't cross trempers into bells thats for certain. If I remember correctly, non other than dat sweet gal herself Kelli H has a form of giant going on in her bell hybinos. Not sure as to any details though.
If I did that cross wouldn't that make a double het? (bellxtremper)

Ian S.

lubricus said:
If I did that cross wouldn't that make a double het? (bellxtremper)
Yes and that in my book would be committing the ultimate leopard gecko sacrilege. LMAO!!

L

lubricus

Ian S. said:
Yes and that in my book would be committing the ultimate leopard gecko sacrilege. LMAO!!
Oh? Im not picking up what your throwing down??? LOL explain that one to me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian S.

lubricus said:
Oh? Im not picking up what your throwing down??? LOL explain that one to me?
What I meant was that breeding the tremper to the bell would be sinful!:main_laugh:

L

lubricus

Ian S. said:
What I meant was that breeding the tremper to the bell would be sinful!:main_laugh:
Ok sometimes Im about as dumb as a bag of hammers:D What I want to know is why would it be a bad thing? thats the part Im not getting,
Thanks Bill

Visit our friends