Going to PetCo; need a suggestion.

W

Welsh

Is there any particular brand that makes good 20g long tanks?

I really like this one, with the black lines up the corners
52056tank.jpg

Thanks for the help,
Welsh!

M

maximum

that doesn't look exactly like a 20-gallon-long tank. that one looks more like a 30-gallon-long tank. most that i see at pet stores are the same, with black or wood veneer along the top and bottom as trim.

an aquarium specialty store may have more selection, but definitely give Petco a shot! :D

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Brendan, if you are going to the Upscale Reptiles Show in Sacramento, there will be several vendors there with 20 gal. set-ups with screen lids, etc. You can ususally get much better prices at the shows on supplies like UTH's, etc.

G

geckogod2

that looks like a Marineleand tank. as far as i know only marineland tanks have the black seals. it looks like the top support frame is missing too. generally All-Glass and Perfecto tanks are found on the east coast and Island aquariums is found in the west. its important to match up equipment as well because each manufacturer make their tanks different sizes. ex. all 10 gallon aquariums will vary in size from 1/8"-1/4" inch. this will be important when comes to hoods and screen tops. Petco is a good place for tanks.

W

Welsh

Golden Gate Geckos said:
Brendan, if you are going to the Upscale Reptiles Show in Sacramento, there will be several vendors there with 20 gal. set-ups with screen lids, etc. You can ususally get much better prices at the shows on supplies like UTH's, etc.

I may just wait until then.

Do they sell heat pads, and repcal vitamins etc.? Do they sell mealworms too?

I might hold off on some of these things.

W

Wretched

20L tank at Petco is about 39.99 and a screen hood is another fifteen or twenty. or you can buy the 'critter cage, for about 60+ tho I dislike critter cages because of he plasti components lining thier lids.

But yes, you may find better pricing at shows, unless you want to come all the way down to mountain view Ca and mooch my discount

M

maximum

craigslist.org = best place to search for cheap glass aquariums!

i have found local aquariums there, in great condition, for $15-20 (and no shipping! :D)

W

Wretched

maximum said:
craigslist.org = best place to search for cheap glass aquariums!

i have found local aquariums there, in great condition, for $15-20 (and no shipping! :D)

As a matter of fact, i'm getting a fat tail from a lady in oakland CA, complete setup and all fer 40 bucks on friday, she has a breeding pair with incubator of 80 if i remember right, full set up, 20 long tank.

Visit our friends