Someone pinch me - I must be dreaming!!!

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Holy cow, I'm so excited right now I can hardly stand it! I was photographing the babies again today for fun, and I noticed something ... different in one of them.

This is baby #2, from Brimstone and Lost (SHTCTB x LVPA), and if I'm seeing things right, it has eclipse eyes! The left eye looks totally black, and the right looks to be about 90% black. Am I off my rocker, or do you guys see the same thing?

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
LOL, Please Jeremy! It's not your fault! Now to fill everyone else in....

Sadly, this little one doesn't have eclipse eyes. They're dark enough to fool you at first glance. I went over to Jeremy's and brought the gecko with, and we were able to see it has normal pupils, and just a very dark eye coloration. For some reason, you could see it in direct sunlight (barely) and in Jeremy's gecko room, but not where I was photographing it this morning. Even the camera didn't pick it up.

So, I really was dreaming! Darn, it was sweet while it lasted.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Aw shucks. :( That's surprising (well, to me anyway lol) given how the eyes look in the photo. Maybe they change depending on his mood like those silly mood rings from the 70's? heheh

Grinning Geckos said:
The best way to describe an eclipse eye is that it looks like a black void. You can't see any edge of the pupil, just complete black.

Thanks well I am not sure if my tremper is eclipse or not I will get pics 2morrow and you all can tell me.

LeosForLess

Grinning Geckos said:
LOL, Please Jeremy! It's not your fault! Now to fill everyone else in....

Sadly, this little one doesn't have eclipse eyes. They're dark enough to fool you at first glance. I went over to Jeremy's and brought the gecko with, and we were able to see it has normal pupils, and just a very dark eye coloration. For some reason, you could see it in direct sunlight (barely) and in Jeremy's gecko room, but not where I was photographing it this morning. Even the camera didn't pick it up.

So, I really was dreaming! Darn, it was sweet while it lasted.
Why dont i get invited to these parties?:main_huh: LOL

Visit our friends