I need a new job!!!

D

DontShootMe

I'll be 24 and I havn't got a career job yet. I'm waiting for a response from Port Authority Police in NYC. I don't know if I am accepted into the academy or what. I went through all the testing and psychological and physical exams. Finished the whole process about 3-4 weeks ago and I check the mail everyday to see if I was accepted into the academy or not. I deliver pizza now and I am sick and tired of it. I just want to get my life started and don't want to deal with the small time BS jobs. You never know how hard it is to find a job till you are actually looking for a job, I tell ya. Oh yeah there is a slight chance I probably won't get accepted into the academy because I'm color blind I failed that part. I hope I hear from them soon even if I didn't get accepted so I don't have to wake up every morning hoping I hear a response.

D

dakman

Good luck, just remember you'll prob change careers again around age 40, then it twice as challenging.

Val

Trust me, I know the feeling. I'm 22 and I have a degree in digital arts..which I love yet I'm working at a car dealership as an accountant. Did I mention that I'm dyslexic and hate math? That REALLY makes my job entertaining. :main_yes:

I snuck out of work last week for an interview at a marketing firm that's literally a stone throw away from where I live, and am still waiting to hear back on their decision to see if more interviews are in order. We can play the waiting game together.. ::jeopardy theme song:: Good luck to you!

D

DontShootMe

Yeah waiting kind of sucks. I just want to become a cop already I've waited so long to become one and then when I finally get a response than it feels like I'm waiting longer. I mean I've only waited 4 weeks but it feels like a lifetime.

I doubt I'll change my career when I'm 40 I plan on retiring as a cop. The only thing I would change is to become a nassau or suffolk police officer because that is the top payed law enforcement in the United States at 110k$ base salary only as a regular patrol man.

N

nora

just out of curiosity brian.. you have done your 2 years of criminal justice courses in college right???

D

DontShootMe

nora said:
just out of curiosity brian.. you have done your 2 years of criminal justice courses in college right???
For PD in NY it is only required 60 college credits and an entrance exam to become PD here. I have my 60 college credits which is 2 year degree.

Visit our friends