Attack Deer

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
Coax is outside? the first thing i wouldve done is blow it away. its a DEER! theyre already overpopulated, i think its a little unfair that theyre just gunna coax it outside. i mean, what happenes when a dog or some other animal attacks someone? it gets put down does it not. all in all its rather amusing, and not the first time its happened

brandy101010

The NY Gecko said:
Coax is outside? the first thing i wouldve done is blow it away. its a DEER! theyre already overpopulated, i think its a little unfair that theyre just gunna coax it outside. i mean, what happenes when a dog or some other animal attacks someone? it gets put down does it not. all in all its rather amusing, and not the first time its happened

Agreed! It should have been shot. I wouldn't want it coming back again. and they would have all had a really nice dinner. seriously though that is a shame. I for one would probably be paranoid of deer for the rest of my life!

robin

The NY Gecko said:

in some areas they are over populated. depends on what type of deer it is. the lady let the deer in (or coaxed it closer) because if a deer is following there should have been plenty of time to close the door. perhapse it got too close for her comfort like the head in the sliding door and she tried to shut it. ok them you have struggling deer which are strong and have powerful legs and hoves and then the next thing ya know the deer is going crazy in her house.
i mean honestly if you know anything about deer and are familiar with their actions and behaviors you will notice there are big holes lacking in this.
i bet the old grannytpoo did more than just "have it accidentally sneak in behind her dog". now lets say the woman coaxed the deer closer ending in a too close for comfort moment ending in the results listed. is it the deers fault or old granny poos?

btw here in texas we shoot anything that isnt invited in or has permission :main_thumbsup:

C

Cryptly

The NY Gecko said:

Several years ago I used to see white tail deer everywhere. During the spring I could take a quick trip outside of town and see a field full of doe and their young. This year I've seen only a few deer and only one doe and baby. I don't know what happened, but the population has sharply declined.

I agree with Robin, I think the woman must have lured the deer in. I don't know of any deer that would follow a dog into a house, even a tame one.

LeosForLess

A moose went into our home depot, left blood everywhere, and left. The security cameras never even caught the deer. LOL

R

Russ S

The NY Gecko said:
They never actually said what was done with the deer once it was outside. And if it was my house, I'd prefer they take it outside if they are going to shoot it, because cleaning up all that blood takes a lot of hard work. Of course i would expect they dress it and take it to the butcher for me so i could stock the freezer as well.

D

dakman

Just before I left Anchorage about 10 years ago a moose trampled someone to death right outside a door to the University Anchorage Alaska, unprovoked. I've had my experiences(many) with getting out of mooses way, those hooves will do damage and it's pretty scary having a animal 12 feet tall chasing you!

Lizard Lair

We have a lot of white tail deer where I live. Last spring when my husband took the dog with him to the mailbox a doe had her baby with her and decided she was going to have a piece of my dog. My husband actually had to grab a stick and yell at her to protect the dog. We've had the deer as constant companions for 8 years now. Probably because we feed them :) I've seen young deer try and look innocent while sneaking up on a magpie to sniff them. They are very curious - so I can see the deer in the news following the dog.

I have a yearling doe that was orphaned very young last summer and she comes right to my feet to eat. I stood guard over her all winter while she ate her corn so the other deer didn't chase her off. And one of the bucks had an injured foot, so couldn't get enough food. He was starving and walked right up to me one day and ate from my hand. He is now healed and if I see him outside and call him he will come to me for his corn. Yes, yes, I know.....I'm pathetic spoiling the wild animals so much. But we have had a lot of fun over the years watching the wildlife show out our front room windows.

Visit our friends