My First Season (Kinda Long)

brandy101010

Well, my first season is over. My last baby hatched today! It is kinda sad that I don't have anymore hatchlings to look forward to until next season but I am happy that I Have 6 Beautiful Little babies and can watch them grow and change.
This has been such a great experience for me and I have learned so much. I never thought that I would enjoy this so much but it has become a lifestyle and an obsession. I can not belive how hooked I am. I have kept many types of reptiles and was always interested in breeding. I choose leos as my first project because I thought they would be a great start since it seemed pretty easy. I intended to move on to other things. Leos were just supposed to be practise for me. lol but I found myself falling in love with these little guys and every time I turned around I was looking for my next leo purchase. I soon realized that this is not just practise anymore lol I am addicted and I don't think I will ever stop! I would Like to think everyone for all of your great advise and being such a great group of people. I love having a place to interact with other breeders and make new friends. I would like to thank Felicia (BalloonzforU). She has been a great help to me and a great friend. I guess you can say she was my mentor. You always had an answer to my questions and if you didn't you would find it lol. Thank You. Sorry for getting all mushy and stuff I just would like to give credit where it is due!
Now on to the pics of my last hatchlings of the season!

000_1241.jpg

000_1248.jpg

000_1253.jpg

Thanks for reading :D

gaparicio

Let's Go Bears!
Nice looking hatchlings you got there. You're right, leopard geckos are very rewarding lizards. I too have kept many species of lizards since I was small; from your common Iguana to quite a few monitors and snakes. None have been as exciting and ADDICTING as leopards. Breeding them was just the coolest for me. Just like you had said that Felicia was your mentor, I believe this whole forum in general has helped me many times.:main_thumbsup:

I'm just glad there are people like you guys (and gals) to talk to and share our experiences about these little guys:D

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? We work with a ton of reptiles currently, but Leos will always be my favorite :)

BalloonzForU

:bigcry: aawww Now your going to make me cry. Brandy, I'm so happy that your first season brought you to love these animals as much as we all do. They are very rewarding, not like a puppy or cats, something that can show their emotions, but very rewarding all the same. To see that first hatchling is something you will never forget, and each hatchling will bring you excitement that never goes away. Your love for your animals shines through! I'm very happy to call you my friend. Many more happy healthy breeding season will come your way. Congratulations on your first, you did great! :main_thumbsup:

Last edited:
G

GeckoMandi

Brandy I'm happy for you!

I hope mines goes good to!

R

RoseT

Good Job Brandy! This was our first breeding season too and I think we did pretty good.:main_yes: Now the long wait for more eggys :D

marula

i'm really happy for you...and ..nice post!
..a dog breeder say, in her web site, "australian shepherd is like a box of chips..when you start to take one, you never stop"...i think with leo is the same for a lot of us..
..thanks for this nice post...and congratulations for your first breeding season...

Visit our friends