Ghost

NaughtyDawg

What is the diference between a Ghost and Super hypo or hypo for that matter. I fail to see a difference but there must be....

rhac

The ghosts are actually "Ray Hine Line Hypos", what means genetic Hypos.
The only difference to the Hypos and Super Hypos is, that the orange/yellow color is reduced and that's why they are called "Ghosts".
But I haven't seen a real white ghost. Every ghost I have seen for now had always still some orange/yellow.
I'm working on aproject on these "Ray Hine Line Hypos", and it seems like the "orange color gene" is connected to the "fewer-spot-gene". That would explain, why ghosts still have some orange...

robin

ghosts were light yellow the orange we see now is result or tangerine bloodlines being introduced into the hine line hypo... paul has some hine line hypos i think he can posst pictures... they are the "original hypo" (now what people are calling ghosts)

rhac

Hi robin,

like I said, I'm working on a project on these Ray Hine Line Hypos.
So I can post a picture for you as well.
This is a Super Hypo female (proven Super Hypo, what means that she has both hypo alleles), bought in 2002 directly from Ray. In 2002 he hadn't crossed his line with the line bred tangerines. So she is a pure Ray Hine Line Super Hypo.
1280_3364663361623032.jpg

As you can see, her color is orange. She is not tangerine, but in my opinion her color can be called orange, or something between yellow and orange, but not only yellow!

Greetings from Germany, Johannes

Ian S.

I've always been under the impression that the ghost were a super hypo/hypo x with a snow of some sort. Hmmm??

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I don't think, or have ever thought, that they are mixed with any sort of snow. Just imagine an actual normal leo (not the high yellows that have become the norm), which has a pretty plain base, and then take away the spots. Wha-la! You have a ghost. I think Robin is right in saying the colors seen in ghost is a result of mixing the hypo/ghost with other line breed traits like the tang.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
robin said:
ghosts were light yellow the orange we see now is result or tangerine bloodlines being introduced into the hine line hypo... paul has some hine line hypos i think he can posst pictures... they are the "original hypo" (now what people are calling ghosts)

I'll take some pictures of them soon. I bred two hine line hypos het RW together and got some pretty interesting results. Well... I thought they were interesting. lol

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
As promised...

Okay, here are the pictures.

These are the parents (dad is on the right) they're still a little dull after breeding, but their color in the photo is pretty accurate.

HineLVparents.jpg

These are 7 of their 8 babies

HineLVbabies.jpg

All of the eggs were incubated at 81*F and all of the babies are indeed female. The mom laid 4 clutches of 2 eggs each, which were all fertile and hatched.
The oldest two hatched 2/1/06 and are 42 & 43 grams (the normal and one of the ghosts)
The next oldest hatched 2/22/06 and are 41 & 40 grams (both ghosts)
The third clutch hatched 3/21/06 and there was one normal and one ghost (I already sold the normal)
Their last clutch hatched 4/9/06 and are 28 and 31 grams. (hybino & ghost)

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Nice Ghosts Paul. Who did you get the parents from? I only have one (In above picture), bred her to my Mack Snow, but got all infertiles from her. Let me know if you'd be interested in selling a female :main_thumbsup:

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Jeanne said:
Nice Ghosts Paul. Who did you get the parents from? I only have one (In above picture), bred her to my Mack Snow, but got all infertiles from her. Let me know if you'd be interested in selling a female :main_thumbsup:
Hey Jeanne, I got the parents from Robin during the auctions last summer on TSE. I'm going to keep the hybino and probably two of the ghosts, but I'll let you know as soon as I figure out which ones I'm keeping ;).

robin

that bottom baby is killer as is the hybino!!
the parents came from chris newsome originally. he has the original hine line hypos aka ghosts and the rainwater it was bred to as well.
man that one at the very bottom has an awesome look!!

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
robin said:
that bottom baby is killer as is the hybino!!
the parents came from chris newsome originally. he has the original hine line hypos aka ghosts and the rainwater it was bred to as well.
man that one at the very bottom has an awesome look!!

The very bottom one was actually in shed. I forgot to mention that. The one above her is my favorite ghost (one of the two that I'll probably keep) because her spots are much paler than the others.

HineLVbabies2.jpg

robin

like the middle one in the three in the upper right hand corner :)
i mean i like them all but i like her the best as far as the ghosts but she has some gorgeous siblings :D

lol i posted this in the wrong thread "what are you listening too" lmao

C

chad e

I've always been under the impression that the ghost were a super hypo/hypo x with a snow of some sort. Hmmm??

i think i understand why you think this. in cornsnakes and honurans crossing an anery (visually macks appear to be anery) and a hypo (ray hines hypo) makes the double mutation morph "ghost". but yeah, in leos, the ghost morph is just the hypo without the carrot tail and the tangerine linebred in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visit our friends