How to stop a water bowl pooper?

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I've got hide poopers, cliffhangers (pooping from the top of the hide so it hits the side of the tub), and poopers with other annoying habits....but nothing bugs me more than my water bowl pooper. How on earth do I get her to stop? I've tried changing the size of the bowl, and that made no difference. I've also moved the location. When I did that, she pooped in the food bowl for awhile til she found the water bowl again. ARG!! Anyone with other ideas??

T

TheHiddenGecko

Just an idea but maybe you could get her an empty bowl and put that in there also. She might go in that instead and at least you don't have to keep cleaning the water bowl every day.

B

Brian O

I swear they do it out of spite. Pesonally I found that changing the enclosure all together helps. The ones that were doing it to me were ready to move to a bigger enclosure with a humid hide.

S

Sarah H

My male aft used to do this no matter were I moved the bowl. I finally left the bowl out for about a week(I misted his hide daily). He started pooping in one spot and I left the poop there and put the bowl back. For some reason he stoped doing it and stuck the the new spot from then on, even after cleanings.

gko reptiles

A New Generation
I've got a ton of house poopers!!! Good Luck, I've tried everything with mine!! Removing whatever they're pooping in though sounds like it just might work... I think that I'm gonna try that with mine too :)

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Golden Gate Geckos said:
You could always just stop feeding them... :p

:main_laugh: Yea....but then that causes other problems... it means everytime you go past, they give you the puppy-eyes. Sooner or later, you give in; and you'd never guess, but they start pooping again!

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I hope so. Right now I'm just trying to convince Cafe Press to add some custom sizes, but then we'll be good to go!

Visit our friends