Double Het Gen. ?

Arconna

I'm sort of new to this, so forgive me if I say something utterly idiotic.
If you have a double het blizzard/albino and you bred that to say another of the same type what would the possible offspring be? *tries punnet square*

Okay, so if I make blizzard Aa and Albino Bb and plug that in (I will probably screw this up and miss a lot) I get:
AABB - Both traits
AaBb - double het
AaBb - double het
aabb - double rec. (not sure what that would be).

(Edit: Yup, goobered up on this cause I just realized that Albino and blizz are recessive...so switch all what I said around for those two so the AABB is just normal and the aabb is both traits showing...)

I'm sure there have to be other combos too, like AABb which would be just the Blizzard right? Or AaBB for Albino, or aaBb, aaBB, AAbb, AABb for some hets, etc.

So, am I understanding this correctly that by breeding two double hets of the same type that you could end up with straight morphs of either Blizz or Alb plus some mixes and other double hets? Or am I way out in left field.

Be gentle...:p
Thanks
Shaun

Last edited:

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Haha!! Well, you're not quite there yet, but almost!! Ok, here we go... *pulls out Tremper's Book and flips to the Punnett Square for Double recessives* lol

Okay... a 'double het's genotype would look like this: AaBb (A/a being albino and B/b being Blizzard)... wow that worked out! lol back to the book

AaBb x AaBb =
6.25% Wildtype AABB
12.5% het blizzard, wild phenotype AABb
6.25% Blizzard AAbb
12.5% het albino, wild pheno AaBB
25% het albino/het blizzard, wild pheno AaBb (yay! more of what you started with!!!)
12.5% het alb., blizzard pheno Aabb
6.25% albino aaBB
12.5% het Blizzard, albino pheno aaBb
6.25% ALBINO BLIZZARD! aabb

I hope this helped! whew that took longer than I'd expected!!! Best Wishes and Good Luck!!!

Arconna

Edit: I had a tard moment there and needed to fix what I said in this post...

So basically anything with Aabb or aaBb would show a mixture with the normal type because the normal type is dominant?

Last edited:

Visit our friends