small eyes???

Perefalcon

Jill?????
I just was looking at one of my girls that I've had for sale, I just noticed that her eyes seem to be much smaller than normal. are these things genetically passed on? Or could it have been an incubation issue? What about things like underbites? I have a month old leo that seems to have an underbite. Now, neither of these are for my breeding projects, but what does everyone generally do with animals of this quality???

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I think the only way to know for sure if it is genetically passed on would be to test breed them, and I don't think anyone wants to do that.

Or, it can be from temperature fluxuations, etc.

I would either keep them as pets or sell them as pet only animals.

M

Montezuma

I have seen this in a breeders (to remain nameless) geckos that have not outcrossed blood -EVER! He was trying to produce vividly colored tangerines, which he did but at the same time he started producing some geckos with small eyes. Some of them had only 1 eye that was small.... others were both eyes.
I would make it a personal pet.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I had one baby with bulging eyes --the eyelids were misshappen, but it could close its eyes and was growing and eating normally. I offered it for free on Craig's list and it found a new home pretty quickly.

Aliza

Visit our friends