Introducing Chancho!

Z

ZEKE

here is Chancho. my newest addition.

he weighs around 28 grams (he moved a bit on the scale after i took the pic of him on it and then the scale read 30, so im not sure which one it is).

pictures of him:
DSCN17630001.jpg

DSCN17650003.jpg

him on a scale:
DSCN17640002.jpg

yard stick on the scale for size reference (i forgot to get a pic of him and the yard stick until after i put him back in his cage and i didnt want to stress him by taking him out again)
DSCN17690004.jpg

his home:
DSCN15260001.jpg

here is a picture of his tail when i first got him. it was a bit kinked but seems to be getting better.
DSCN17390001.jpg

and here is the most recent pic (taken June 23rd) of my first gecko Zazu. he is still just a little guy. i will try to weigh him and get more pics some time soon. he bites allot when i reach in his cage tho so i try not to stress him too much.
DSCN17370001.jpg

what do you all think?

Z

ZEKE

thanks David!

yeah Zazu is looking amazing! he just isnt growing much :/ i have talked to someone who said they got a gecko from the same clutch that zazu was in and hers is at 26 grams. zazu was at 9 grams at his last vet appointment. i will weigh him soon again and see what he is at. do you think maybe the parasite and the meds may have delayed or stunted his grown? i havent handled him much yet because he bites me whenever i reach in his cage lol

That is weird. Pinworms can definetley slow an animal growing.. Not that much though. What kind of temperatures are you keeping them at? Thats another thing that could slow their growth. I am interested to see how much he weighs in at now.

Congratulations on the new addition btw. :D

Z

ZEKE

i will weigh him tonight if he lets me and ill post his weight. i keep him at around 72-75. its just the temp of our house.

thanks! the new guy eats a ton compared to zazu! zazu doesnt even eat 1/4 tsp of CGD in a night, is that normal for a gecko his size?

i am working on a planted cage for zazu right now. it should be finished by the end of next week and i will post more pictures.

Z

ZEKE

i just weighed him and he weighs 14 grams. so he has grown some since his vet appointment.

Z

ZEKE

thanks. does anyone know what morph chancho might be? the previous owner didnt know either. i was thinking he might be a flame, because he doesnt have much pattern on his legs or sides. just his back.

Z

ZEKE

ooh. no he has never had fresh fruit as far as i know. unless David gave it to him before i got him. what kind of fruits? would grapes or blueberries work?

goReptiles

For fruits check out this page, I made in in regards to a previous post about homemade crested gecko foods. I like to give my guys the mix once a week with CGD daily.

You can easily mix up the CGD with the fruit mix every now and then with the CGD on a regular basis.

Link

Z

ZEKE

can cresties eat blueberries? we have some nice blueberries in the fridge and i was thinking for a treat i would cut one up for each of my geckos. would they like it?

Z

ZEKE

i found out that neither of my cresties like blueberries. i cut up one blueberry and mixed it in to their CGD. Zazu didn't eat any of it and Chancho licked all of the CGD off the blueberry pieces.

what other fruits do you think i should try? i was thinking i might mush up a slice of banana and put it in a separate dish from their CGD for them and see if they like that. is their anything wrong with giving them some fresh fruit occasionally as a treat?

Visit our friends