Dye/color fast fake plants?

Namida

PunkBunny
Is there a way to find out if a fake plant is color fast, before buying it?

I'm looking at buying some (maybe) from my Hobby Lobby, they've got some awesome vines with wide leaves, very lard leaves that are sturdy and big 'potted' plants that have strong stems and flowers. But I really don't want to spend $12-$25 each on these plants just to take them home and find out that they bleed color/dye.

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
They probably will, but they dont tend to loose all of their color. What you have to do (and you should do this for any colored leaves even if bought at Michaels), is soak them in luke warm water and allow them to bleed out. It takes several soakings, and the water will never be 100% clear, however when the water is fairly clear you are safe, as when youre misting you are not trying to produce an entirely soaked tank anyways.

Namida

PunkBunny
Thank you, Melissa!

I'd just read that you have to buy "Color fast" plants and I wasn't sure how to make sure they were, but if it's okay to use them after you've 'bled' them then it's okay to use the ones I was looking.

aldrickjose

Very Informative Source! Todays synthetic plants are getting popularity most & give awesome look in home decor. Artificial plants come in so many designs and colors. Thanks for sharing here i came to know many things about fake plants colors.

Visit our friends