Raptor pairings

bling_bling466

Hello,
Ive recently gotten a group of new leos and was wondering what these pairings would bring

Mac snow raptor X Macsnow raptor
Mac snow raptor x Raptor
Mac snow raptor x Aptor het raptor

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
One difficulty is that the raptor morph is a combination of several genetic traits (eclipse, albino and patternless stripe). It's simpler to determine if you consider any albino with few markings and red eyes to be a raptor, though I prefer to save that designation for true patternless stripes. Suffice it to say that you'll get a bunch of Mack snow raptors, some non-snow raptors, some super snow raptors and some geckos that manifest some, but not all of the possible genetic traits. They will all be albinos.

Aliza

bling_bling466

Thanks for the inputs.
The one I was most stumped on was the Aptor het raptor wasn't to sure.
Ether way I'm in no rush to breed them just fascinated about the amount of different combos with leos.
I was always into carpet pythons until I had to sell my collection.

Thanks everyone and love to hear more.

When you say any albino with red eyes isn't that what makes the raptor a raptor?
I know a true grade A raptor should be patternless. I'll get some pics uP when I can.

Maxwell

Theres such thing as a "banded" RAPTOR, its a tremper albino eclipse, with some added tangerine influence generally. The patternless stripe trait is polygenetic, so it is possible to lose the trait by breeding a gecko that is only tremper albino eclipse, to a RAPTOR. You would get "banded" RAPTORs which aren't true to the acronym RAPTORs. Banded RAPTORs do look cool though :D

Visit our friends