Had a Good Show

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Today was probably the last show where I'll be vending till next season (Manchester, NH) and I was very pleased to sell 15 geckos (!) including all my Coleonyx and all of my gargoyles. Now I just have 8 leopard geckos left to go before I sell out and get ready for 2013. It's days like this that keep me going as a breeder.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You bet. I already have 4 eggs in the incubator for next season (2 Coleonyx and 2 AFT), 2 gravid AFT's and 1 gravid leopard gecko. Five leo females are with males and 3 are waiting a few months to get bigger and older.

Aliza

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
normals, stripes, het amels and (hopefully) amels. I am hoping to get some whiteout/patternless but cannot pay $800 a gecko, so I'll have to wait till the prices come down a bit.

Aliza

Caleb C

How much do you usually sell them for?
I got ripped off at a reptile show. I paid $80 for a stripe, as it was my first and I couldn't tell morphs yet. I was further confused because the breeder labelled the container (Zero).
He only had around 5 fat tails at the show, so I asked him if i was a zero sibling or something like that, he never responded.
I got a nice leo from him this year for only $40 though :p

Caleb C

Those are fair prices :)
Do you prefer fat tails or leos?
I like fat tails because of their mellow personalities, but leopard geckos seem to have more of a varied personality.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Leos are still my first love. I like the different morphs. The fat tails can be kind of boring, though I'm salivating over the white-outs. They are in my future, but given the current prices, probably not in my present. The AFT babies, though, are really cute, maybe cuter than leos.

Aliza

Visit our friends