Blue Eyed Leopard Gecko

Stitch

People are workign on developing blue leos, but so far no one has probuced anything with truely blue skin pigment. The best that they have done to my knowledge is creating what looks to be birth marks that are blue in coloration.

O

okapi

when the true leucistic gene is discovered there will be blue eyed leos

robin

i have had a leo with blue-ish eyes and blueish colored birthmarks (more of a purple blue). nothing special, it was just something that occurs from time to time in super hypo tangerines and it is/was not produced on purpose just something that occurs.

robin

:yes: sht are notorious for it. not a genetic thing just part of sht. especially in some of the lighter colored ones but i have seen bright orange ones with those blue birthmarks or colors on them :) and green too :D

Last edited:

BalloonzForU

I have a Stripe from JMG that has blue like eyes. I've tried many times to take pictures of his eyes and they always get washed out and look like a light grey. :( Very pretty color. I'd like to see more like that.

Lottiz

Black Velvet
Blue eyes can be possible...look at my red stripe female (also from JMG's). Try to think what they would look like with out all the black veins!

Ice blue...

Right eye:

0121059.jpg

left eye:

blue.jpg

/Lottiz

Last edited:
I

Intense Herpetoculture

I produced a blue yed albino several years ago. I never produced another one despite breeding her to her dad. Guess it was just a fluke.

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
GREAT eye pictures! I have to look through a loupe to see them like that otherwise.:main_laugh:

Brice @Evergreen Reptiles had a "blue eyed" Albino pictured on his website before. No pics of the eyes though.

I did ask Ron Tremper about it, because he had a "purple eyed" one before, and he said it just happened randomly, but was unable to be reproduced. It has been awhile, so I assume Brice`s was the same way.

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
those are all great looking pics guys. i just want to add that i kno every one thinks they have to, but leucictics do not have to have blue eyes. they can be black, or even in some cases normal.

Lottiz

Black Velvet
-Hmmm...are you sure...I think they are NOT leucistics if they don't got blue eyes, they are just patternless! Am I wrong?? And if I am an d you are right, how do I know if the leo are e normal eyed leucistic or a patternless??

/Lottiz

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
the word leucistic only refers to white with out makings. alot of people dotn realize this, but even the morph, piedbald is considered leucistic. the only thing i have ever seen in the deffinition of the word leucistic that has to do with eyes is......most of the time they are blue, but can appear black, or normal colored. thats why i personally do beleave that the blizzards are true leucicstics. (THAT IS JUST MY OWN OPPINION LOL)
nevin

Visit our friends