Diff between crestie set up and garg set up

Dron2124

Crested
I know gargoyles r a littel heavier and have trouble stickign to glass. so i take it a cork board on 3 sides of the cage would help with this as well as more branches then vines? or what else should i get?

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Gargs are slightly more terrestrial than cresties. I keep my gargs and cresties in the exact same setups, only the gargs get thicker branches, some cork rounds, and a ground hide.

Dron2124

Crested
do suction cup plants work or should i spend the extra money for the magnet plants. i have some spare plants at home but if i need to i have no problem getting more of the magnetic plants.

DragonBeards

Obsessed by reptiles...
In my experience, the suction cup plants don't seem to stay attached to the glass very well (although I could have been doing something wrong). I found I had to wrap the plants around branches to get them to stay, and then it didn't look as nice (IMHO). I would say just go for the magnetic plants :)

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I think it's helpful to think about the husbandry of any animal in relation to it's natural environment, ie- where it came from in the wild.

If all the rhacs come from the same location (which they do), unless there is some serious microclimate situations depending on location within NC, then gargs and cresties should survive if not thrive in the same conditions. I'm mainly speaking of temp. and humidity. Of course, a heavier animal will likely prefer heavier cage furnishings, and different rhacs inhabit different niches in the tree canopy.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
do suction cup plants work or should i spend the extra money for the magnet plants. i have some spare plants at home but if i need to i have no problem getting more of the magnetic plants.

I know this thread is a little on the older side, but I justed wanted to say that you can use your plants with the suction cups, and just get little 3M self adhesive plastic hooks, and thread a peice of your plant through the hook, you'll never even see the hook. They work perfectly, I have them in all my set ups with plants :)

Phish999

i just got my garg a few days ago, it was my first of the Rhacodactylus i mist twice a day and have a waterfall going. its really dry where i am cause im in an apartment and its winter lol

Dron2124

Crested
water falls r a bad idea from everything iv read and talked to people and there feed back. reason is because of the bacteria that the waterfall creates. if your going to use a waterfall it was suggested that u clean it everyday the actual waterfall and the water changed daily. a mist system mite be a better option.

Visit our friends