Day 6

sk8ergrl927

I got Abu sunday. At first he would just hide in his hut, and I started to worry about temp. He has a heat lamp, but I was worried so i got him a heat pad. Ever since then, i feel like hes been more active. But still, he hasnt eaten. I know it takes them a while, but Im starting to get worried. Whats the longest your newcomer has gone without eating?

thegeckoguy23

I'm not trying to start a argument or anything, But I don't bealive in bringing reptiles to the vet well i mean geckos when you get into big reptiles thats different but geckos i don't because most of the things on the market you can buy and do everything by yourself instead of that and also most of the people of gecko forums know more then they do i have had people say they go in there and say this is what they need now do it lol.

RampantReptiles

Ok there are plenty of things that you would need to go to the vet for and sometimes going to the vet can also give a person piece of mind. Pricey piece of mind but still...

How would you be able to tell if your leo was sick whether it was a parasite, what kind of parasite or a bacterial infection without going to the vet?

I have a leo that had a fungal infection in her nose. People on here were saying it was an abscess and that the vet needed to rip it open and let it drain. Well it was way too hard for that and ripping it open would have done nothing as it was a very hard fungal infection. Soooo obviously people on here dont know everything and that is an example of a case where a vet was needed.

Dont take your leo to the vet unless you have cause to. If your leo isnt eating and has nasty looking poo, then yes. I would give your leo a couple weeks and then try hand feeding it some meat baby food and see what happens. Make sure your leo does not get dehydrated or is not currently dehydrated.

Visit our friends