Dropped tail during vet visit

Wizardlizards

Fozzy Bear
I took three leos to the vet today, one eye infection, and two swollen hemipenile bulges. Turns out that the swelling was caused by sperm plugs or seminosis. One, Saturn my male tremper giant was removed easily and without any worries. As the vet was removing the larger and more difficult one from Simba my beautiful male normal, he dropped his big fat gorgeous tail. The vet, tech, and me all yelled out when it happened. I know it wasn't the vet's fault, and he apologized up and down, but I am SOOOOO upset.:main_no:

UGH, he was 92 grams before the tail loss, and just as chubby as can be. Now he looks so pitiful. I know the procedure, I have read up enough on what to do, but of all the leos I have had for the last 5 years this is the first tail drop I have had. I feel so bad for him, not to mention having his vent traumatized to remove the sperm plug. I am worried about him. I have had him for four years and his is undeniably my favorite leo. The vet prescribed an anti-biotic cream for the area, as well as an oral antibiotic. My poor Simba!!!:eek:

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Tony that sucks! I have two females with regenerated tails. They lost them before I had them, but I wish they never did.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Tony, so sorry to hear about the tail loss; I had always been worrying about this sort of thing happening during vet visits.

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Wizardlizards said:
I took three leos to the vet today, one eye infection, and two swollen hemipenile bulges. Turns out that the swelling was caused by sperm plugs or seminosis. One, Saturn my male tremper giant was removed easily and without any worries. As the vet was removing the larger and more difficult one from Simba my beautiful male normal, he dropped his big fat gorgeous tail. The vet, tech, and me all yelled out when it happened. I know it wasn't the vet's fault, and he apologized up and down, but I am SOOOOO upset.:main_no:

UGH, he was 92 grams before the tail loss, and just as chubby as can be. Now he looks so pitiful. I know the procedure, I have read up enough on what to do, but of all the leos I have had for the last 5 years this is the first tail drop I have had. I feel so bad for him, not to mention having his vent traumatized to remove the sperm plug. I am worried about him. I have had him for four years and his is undeniably my favorite leo. The vet prescribed an anti-biotic cream for the area, as well as an oral antibiotic. My poor Simba!!!:eek:

Hi Tony. I guess I'm pretty late on reading this but I can certainly relate to it. Very sorry about Simba's dropped tail. My friend Conan of 4 years also. ( 123 gram Male SHTCTB pictured by my info.).....Vet visit, 18 gram tail dropped, 5 hours later he was dead. I hope your guy makes it through all this. take care. HJ

Visit our friends