Hey!

M

maximum

Hey everyone. I am new on the forum and just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Max and I am a student at The Ohio State University in Columbus, OH. I am training to become a biologist and am really interested in herps.

I don't have any herps yet, but used to have a pair of bearded dragons when I was young. Today I have a trio of Campbell's dwarf hamsters and my roommate owns a trio of Mongolian gerbils.

I am planning on buying a leopard gecko at the All Ohio Reptile Show in a few weeks. They have a lot of breeders and some beautiful specimens. Can any of you give me any tips on picking one out. Here are some things I know already:
The gecko should...
1- Have a fat tail.
2- Have all its digits and all of them should be full the whole way down.
3- Hold its head up (if it is awake).
4- Be brightly colored- not dull unless shedding.

Any other tips for picking out a gecko or supplies? I plan on putting him in a 20-gallon long aquarium.

Thanks! :smiley:

N

nora

BUCKEYES!! wo0t!!!

ok now that's out of the way.. when you're looking at geckos other things to keep in mind is

-their eyes should be bright and clear
- even unbroken skin
-the gecko itself isnt emaciated or obese - could be indicators that A. the breeder isnt feeding the animal correctly or B. there are under lying health issues.
- overall alertness.. is the gecko active moving around or is it sluggish in movement

and welcome to the site max!

Visit our friends