Need Urgent Help [Gecko Eggs]

God

Today, we had to remove our Air Conditioner from its spot, and I found 4 Common House Gecko's eggs under the foams. I can't let them stay there because they would be crushed once we put the Air Conditioner back.

So what I did was, I took a clear plastic package thing that I had for my mobile phone, put a lot of cotton on it, and put the eggs in there. And then I put it on top of my router to keep them warm. It has a plastic lid but I didn't completely seal it, becuase I don't know if the eggs need air.

I know they're just Common House Geckos but I still feel bad not helping them be able to live and exist, when I could have.

Will they be able to make it based on the make-shift incubation thing I made for them?
Once they hatch, I can just let them free outside, right? With all the other common house geckos.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If your plan would be to release them, your best bet may be to put them in a container with some moist soil as close to the air conditioner as you can (after you put it back) and let them hatch in the environment in which they were laid. Otherwise, I recommend you google "house gecko breeding" and see the conditions under which you need to keep the eggs.

Aliza

God

Thank you, I'll do those.
Another question, is there a way to know if the egg is addled, like, it won't hatch anymore?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If it collapses and stinks it won't hatch anymore. Otherwise, there's no way to be sure. You could try candling it, but the eggs are pretty small and I've candled eggs and thought they were empty only to have a healthy gecko hatch.

Aliza

Visit our friends