Back From Texas!!!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Well, I had a whirlwind of a visit to Texas, and got home last night around midnight. I got a chance to meet Kelli, Steve and Connor (HISS), and was privileged to be able to spend the night at their home. I had a wonderful time with Kelli, and was thrilled to see all her amazing geckos and acquire my first Bell albinos... and stripes to boot! :D Thanks so much, Kelli!!!

I also got to meet Justyn (Intense Herpetological) and see his pair of two-toed sloths he keeps as pets. Very, very cool, Justyn!

I also got to visit with Robin and Russell Struck (R2 Reptiles), and we had a fun time going out for dinner, walking around the river park in San Marcos, and kickin' back a little while at my step-mom's house to shoot the breeze. You guys are the greatest!!!

I feel very lucky to have made such wonderful friends over the years that share the love and passion for our beloved scaly creatures, and hope as the reptile community and this website grows I can continue to make more cherished relationships!

I love you!!!

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad you had a good time Marcia. Kelli told me about your hang session you guys had. It must have been really exciting and overwhelming all at once. I want to see her geckos...and Justyn's sloths! Hopefully this will be the first of many visits with all of your reptile buds.

I can't wait to meet all of you in future, especially at Daytona if we can make it next year.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Glad to hear you all had a great time, Marcia!

(ps, you're welcome to come play at my house sometime if you'd like!)

gixxer3420

I've seen pics of kelli's geckos and they are beyond amazing. Glad to hear you had a good time and got to meet a bunch of herp guys/gals.

marula

i'm sooooo happy about your nice texas trip!
i will be glad to meet you too as soon is possible (you can caming back for arlington! :D)...
wellcome to the bell word! ;-)

R

Russ S

We had a great time hanging out with Marcia. We wish we could have spent more time with her.
Thanks again Marcia for taking time out of your busy trip to Texas to spend time and share a meal with us. We can't wait to do it again.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Russ S said:
We had a great time hanging out with Marcia. We wish we could have spent more time with her.
Thanks again Marcia for taking time out of your busy trip to Texas to spend time and share a meal with us. We can't wait to do it again.

I'm so glad you guys could come an pick me up!!! (My stepmother didn't trust me driving her Cadillac, LOL!) There just is never enough time to spend with the friends that are so dear to me, yet so far away... I really love you, Russ and Robin (my sizzle), and when I got to hug Kelli for the very first time it seemed like I was hugging my sister.

Isn't it funny how we can develop such deep friendships with people we have never laid eyes on? It's so wonderful to be able to interact face-to-face. Kelli was talking about trying to organize a GeckoForums.net reunion somewhere that we can all come and meet. I wish I could have been to the Tinley Show to meet so many of you there...

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
I would so be there!!!

If it weren't possible to form deep relationships online, I wouldn't be sitting here about to pop in the next 24 hours. Though, trust me, that part takes some face-to-face time...the internet isn't THAT good! LOL

nwheat

Welcome home, Marcia! I'm so glad you had such a great trip and that you got to see so many people! I LOVE Kelli's idea to have a GeckoForums reunion - that would be soo great! :D

Visit our friends