Gecko injury from another gecko

bromide

Awesome
So I had two of my geckos out of their cage so they can walk around for a bit. Suddenly one of my geckos bit the other, but I didn't see any injuries afterwords. A day later, I noticed a mark around the injured gecko's neck and left leg (warning, large image):

gEYqEBx.jpg

I also noticed that when she walks, there's a small bump slightly behind and above her left armpit. I'm not sure if it's just swollen or if it's a dislocated bone. She walks normally, though, and she acts normally, too.

20140907_173642.jpg 20140907_173648.jpg 20140907_173655.jpg

I don't know what I should do, as I have never encountered something like this before. Do I need any kind of medication, or will the wound heal by itself? Thanks in advance!

Music City Geckos

I would say it's probably swollen tissue. Keep and eye on it, if it doesn't get better in a couple days or gets worse go to the vet. You said the gecko isn't acting like it's bothering him , then it's probably not anything to worry about. Keep us posted!!

DrCarrotTail

Geckos are pretty hardy creatures. They don't tend to show pain even if they're in a lot of it. I would expect swelling tissue to look more uniform but it could just be swelling. If it is a bone dislocation or break or anything you will want to have it treated right away. I would do as Music City suggests and keep an eye on it for a day or two. If the swelling gets worse or doesn't go away I'd probably have her checked out by a vet.

As you now know geckos are pretty territorial. I would keep them separated at all times.

bromide

Awesome
Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye on it.

But what about the actual wound? Should I just leave that alone and let it heal by itself?

Neon Aurora

The flesh wound looks pretty minor. It should heal in a week or so. Just keep his/her environment clean and what-not. I agree with what others said about that bump.

Visit our friends