1 hour old (does she look normal?)

M

mayabear52

She was born an hour ago. I've had five hatchlings and comparing her to them she is smaller and stumpier. I'm waiting on her clutch mate to hatch so I can get a better comparison.

Ian S.

Looks pretty noemal to me. Holy cow the color is super orange for a hatchling!

R

RoseT

Its looks pretty normal..the neck kinda looks weird but I doubt there anything wrong with that little cutie:D

S

Sarah H

She is very cute! Does look a bit small but I dought anything to be worried about. Nice color too. :)

M

mayabear52

Thank you all for your responds, what can I say....I worry about my little guys (they are my kids). I'm still waiting for her clutch mate to hatch, to get a better comparison. She is acting normal, as normal as any baby leo would. Than you :main_rolleyes:

M

mayabear52

I'm still waiting for the other cluch mate to hatch, I hope she hatches:main_huh: I don't know whats taking so long. May start another thread on whats the longes days between clutch mates? Well for tiny she is doing fine and she is looking better, she is still very little, but acting as normal can be.
Thank you every one again:main_thumbsup:

G

geckogod2

the neck region didn't fully form and will always look big..i've hatched one or two like that before.. its still a nice orange gecko.. Having this slight deformity doesn't make it any less special.. if i have some time i will take a pic of an adult that has this .it has lived a normal life and i'm sure yours will too.

M

mayabear52

I'm glad to hear that geckogod2, I'm really care for all my leos,but she has gotten a little more attention and care. The pictures would be nice if you get the chance. She is doing great I'll take another pic tomorrow to show her update. Thank you to everyone once again.

N

nora

as long as she acts like a leo, eats like a leo and looks like a leo.. then i would have to just say Congrats on the new arrival =)
and definately post pics of her little bro/sis when it hatches too.. would love to see how that one hatches out.

M

mayabear52

Her neck is less swollen, but here is a pic I just took about a hour ago. She is a doing great....the other egg hasn't hatched...I don't think it will:(

B

Brian O

Sometimes when they hatch a little early they are kind of stumpy. They haven't digested all the yoke and still have some growing to do. It could take another week for the other to hatch if this is a premature hatchling. What was the temp/days till hatched?

M

mayabear52

The eggs were laid on 16 May and she hatched on the 6 July (52 days) and incubated at 82. Thanks everyone for the comments.

Visit our friends