need some suggestions...

G

g_vittatus

My fiance and I decided the other day to rescue this G. Vittatus from a local petco. He had been there over a month and they had him in a tiny little terrarium with nothing to climb. They had him labled as aggresive and kept marking down his price. He looked pretty worn out when we got him out of there, they hadn't kept his humidity high enough and he had a few pieces of skin stuck to his little toes. One and a half toes were lost. Also it's evident that at some time in the past he has allready detatched his tail, although it's growing back nicely now. Most strangely his stripe was absent after the back of is head! Since we've gotten him home to a more suitable habitat he's doing a lot better, he's not only NOT aggresive but actually very mild tempered and he's just looking much healthier in general, his stripe is even showing back up. We're just wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what else we can do to make him comfy and help speed his recovery. His name is Lucky. We would much appreciate any tips. (also, he doesn't seem to be able to climb effectively on glass although he has no trouble on wood, probably due to his feet being weak.)

D

docszoo

I have no clue on care for them, but since he is allready doing better, then he sounds fine for the most part:main_yes: ! Congrates on getting him!:D Hope you told the petco they sucked at careing for im. . . otherwise, they will just get more, and keep killing them off. . . :main_no:

S

silentjohn

docszoo said:
I have no clue on care for them, but since he is allready doing better, then he sounds fine for the most part:main_yes: ! Congrates on getting him!:D Hope you told the petco they sucked at careing for im. . . otherwise, they will just get more, and keep killing them off. . . :main_no:
Well, they sold that one, so they will get more. That's why it is recommended that people don't purchase animals to "rescue" them, harsh as it sounds, the only way those neglectful superbox pet stores will learn is when they realize they can't sell near death or dying animals for a profit.

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Well as far as G.vittatus goes there care is very simple.Just keep them warm and humid.Steady diet of of Roaches or Crix 3 times a week and the days in beetween Peach baby food with Clarks gargoyle diet.
;)

Visit our friends