Male or Female...

D

dim&shell

Me and my boyfriend have 2 baby geck's (about 2-3 months old), they were both from the same hatchlings but the one is a lot bigger than the other, he is also a lot less timid than the other and he always comes out when I'm trying to clean his tank out, very curious, he will also sit right near the glass and just stare at me, the other one is a lot smaller although they both eat roughly the same amount, my one (the bigger one) - his head is a lot wider and his eyes are further apart.

We don't want to take them out and look underneath them to check as we don't want to scare them and because they're so young, we don't think we could tell anything anyway but is there a way of telling by just looking at them or the way they act?

paulnj

without looking under the tail you will never know. Males and females have the same body structure and act the same... unlike humans.

try putting them in a clear bottomed container and looking at them from below that way.

D

dim&shell

Are they not too young to tell? We were told that we wouldn't be able to tell until they're 6 months old? They do seem to have completely different personalities :)

Thanks for the help Paul

D

dim&shell

I'm sorry to be a pain but I have no idea how big 15-18 grams is? He's about 2-3 months old and about 13cms long (inc. tail)... the other one is about 10cms long and not nearly as "butch"? Don't want to stress them out by taking them out just yet, they were both quite timid when I got them and only just started to eat worms out my hand and not run and hide when I come in the room so def. don't want to upset them?

D

dim&shell

Okay I will have a look tonight and see if I can tell, getting a camera on Friday so if I can't tell will take some pictures and see if maybe you can? If that's okay?

Visit our friends