Shipping overseas

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
We've been receiving a lot of interest from people in Europe. I was wondering if any of the other breeders here ship overseas, or have looked into it. I'm just curious as to how big of an ordeal it is. Any info you could share would be appreciated.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I'm importing a couple geckos in 2-3 weeks hopefully, from USA to Hong Kong. The process on my side (buyer) is rather simple; as far as I know, the exporter has to have an export license, then book the flight at least a few working days in advance, you may also need to provide health certificate for the animals. Sorry, that's all I can contribute in this thread.

N

Nastynotch

at work we ship small mustang parts (pullys, brackets, etc) overseas. and its expensive as can be. so imagin shiping a live animal. my guess would be that its worse for geckos? i could be wrong.

Sandra

I wrote an e-mail to the embassy of Spain in Washington to know what I needed to import reptiles that are not included in the CITES convention and they only sent me a health certificate that must be filled in in the country of origin to prevent contagious diseases from entering in the country. The importer's proceeding should be similar in all countries from the European Union, although I don't know what else you may need to ship overseas, sorry.

I would also like to know breeders that ship to Europe and the method they use.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
I think Alberto (A & M Gecko) ships overseas, not positive though

I am sure you will need a permit, a Health Certificate, the shipping charges will cost $$$$$, then Fish & Wildlife will probably want to be involved. I looked into shipping to Canada once, it would end up costing me about $300 :(

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure you need to have a registered business name as well...on top of all the permits and licenses. Alberto, Kelli, and Steve at Geckos Etc. would all be good people to ask.

Visit our friends