Pathetic Scam Attempt

C

Cryptly

I just got the most pathetic scam attempt I've ever seen. :main_laugh:

It was supposed to look like an official eBay message, but, official eBay messages don't come from [email protected]. DUH!

It's supposed to be a question about an item I currently have for sale on eBay. Problem being, I haven't sold on eBay in almost a year. :main_laugh:

Another give away, it says the message is from elliot290t, but the potential buyer is listed as barnsley1105? I didn't think you were allowed multiple usernames at the same time (for the same message!) on eBay.

Oh yea, the message supposedly came via eBay, for an auction on eBay. . .but the 'auction' is supposedly on eBay.co.uk. I didn't know I was selling in the UK. :main_huh:

For giggles I checked out the links. All links lead to http://www.eaff.com.ar/english/.smi...0&pagetype=&pa1=&i1=&bshowgif=&usingssl=&ru// It looks like an official eBay page, but that certanly isn't an official eBay URL. They also don't lead to any auction page, they lead to the Sign In page.

For further fun I decided to try to sign in using a rather vulgar user name and password. It took me to eBay's official sign in page, but the one you get when you misspell your username or password.

My final give away that this is a scam is that my eBay settings are for pain text format emails only, no pretty formatting, colors, pictures ect.

Silly scammers! :main_laugh:

R

rrhill

I get these emails all the time. I also put in some really obscene username and password.

G

geckogod2

i get like 5-10 a day.... gotta love hotmail and their spam filters......(not)

Visit our friends