Chondro "Photoshoot"

T

Tainted Glory

I noticed the other day that my chondro (neonate Bokondini x Wamena) was looking a little pale. A quick glance at his card showed that she was due for a shed soon. So today while showering I realized I could create a humidity chamber (much to the dismay of my mom) but closing the bathroom door and windows, leaving the fan off, and blasting hot water in the shower. Sooooo I filled the sink up with warm water, grabbed the chondro perch, hung it above the sink, turned on the water, and waited. In a minute or two, the room had reached about 85-90* with 100% humidity. I couldn't leave well enough alone and grabbed my camera. I snapped 3 pics before the lense fogged up. Enjoy!

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

I sure hope it turns out female! Hatch date is 4.4.06 by Dave Prada at Komodo Reptiles.

T

Tainted Glory

Just noticed I had some pics of the parents in my photobucket folder, here they are.

Prada-SireWamena.jpg

Prada-DamIIBokondini.jpg

Mind you, the pics were taking 15-20 minutes after the pair was seperated for the season.

T

Tainted Glory

420Geckos said:
I feel the same way. However, I just want a blue female... I WISH!

For $1500, I can get you a neonate blue x blue parents. It's almost a bargan when you consider an adult blue of either sex will run close to $10,000.

T

Tainted Glory

My bad, definetly not $1500. $3500 for unsexed neonates.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Shanti) They are beautiful! When i own the house, this will be my snake project. I will mainly be doing geckos and Chondros. I love them so much!

Tainted) Your chrondro is gorgeous!! I'm sure she really liked that sauna :D

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Grinning Geckos said:
Got any photos of a blue chondro?? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Shanti you ought to get your butt to Serpent Safari at Gurnee Mills. That's where I first saw one. They should still have it, but it's been several years since I took the tour.

This pic from Urban Chondro should hold you over...

View attachment 1706

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Golden Gate Geckos said:
This species is IMO by far the most beautiful of all snakes, and if I could afford one (and was allowed to have one), I'd have it in a heartbeat!

I totally agree! Urban Chondro's site says they aquired that blue female from Rare Earth; if it's the one I remember on their site from say... 1999-2000 it was listed at $17,000! I could never forget that snake!

gixxer3420

I've never wanted a snale before because of the feeding but I do have to say that i would love one of those blue phased pythons, amazing.

T

Tainted Glory

gixxer3420 said:
I've never wanted a snale before because of the feeding but I do have to say that i would love one of those blue phased pythons, amazing.

I feed frozen and it is effortless. I simple set the pinky out in room temp an hour or so before feeding, then squeeze it to keep it warm just before feeding. The only concern is getting tagged while the GTP lunges for the mouse.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Tainted Glory said:
I feed frozen and it is effortless. I simple set the pinky out in room temp an hour or so before feeding, then squeeze it to keep it warm just before feeding. The only concern is getting tagged while the GTP lunges for the mouse.

That's right! Those teeth are the only thing keeping me from getting one. I was bit a few times back when I had Burms and Balls, but they don't have the "fangs" like GTPs.

T

Tainted Glory

420Geckos said:
That's right! Those teeth are the only thing keeping me from getting one. I was bit a few times back when I had Burms and Balls, but they don't have the "fangs" like GTPs.

Recurved teeth are terrible. My little neonate tagged me once and it sucked. I bled for a while. Naturally, I'm more alert when I'm around the snake now!

BTW, it shed last night!!! I can't wait to get my rack and watch it grow.

gixxer3420

I like snakes its just the wife doesn't like feeding live animals. She hates when I feed the geckos supers and crickets, haha. So if I ever got a snake it would have to eat frozen. I've been bit by a few different snakes, anaconda, boa, carpet python, and well not a snake but the worst bite i have ever had by a reptile a nile monitor. I think being bitten is the danger that comes with owning reptiles, ormaybe its just my bad luck or my reptiles hate me?

Scott&Nikki

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking back and got curious about these snakes. I found a picture of 2 that I think look incredible. Though you all might wanna see.

P

pawsfoot

These snakes have been on my xmas wishlist for at least 5 years now. I don't think I'm gonna get one this year either:main_laugh:

Visit our friends