Bluish - Green colored Feces

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Hi All,

I recently had someone call me because their geckos poop has been coming out a partly bluish-green. They said that it was more blue then green though. I am stumped. Has anybody else seen this?

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
Ive never seen anything like that either, I wonder if they are using sand they have that new colored play sand and a friend of mine used the purple just to see if the leo ate any. She said a few stools had a little bit of purple specks but rarely.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Oops, I just realized I put this in the wrong catagory....Do I get warning points for that :main_huh:

I am stumped too, they said that they were using paper towel for substrate (But of coarse they could be lying).

Another thing, not sure if this helps, they said that the "blue" poops are usually near the water bowl. Maybe chemicals in the water?

eyelids

Bells Rule!
You might want to see the poo yourself. I've seen several greenish poos and I think that's alright, but never a blue poo.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
420Geckos said:
You might want to see the poo yourself. I've seen several greenish poos and I think that's alright, but never a blue poo.

The person lives a few states away from me, so I won't be seeing the poo...LOL I will let the vet see it, they are going to bring a fecal sample to them

Visit our friends