Camel Spider??

Ian S.

Has anyone seen this spider yet. I was under the impression that goliath bird eaters were the largest arachnids. I've seen Goliaths about a foot and a half in diameter but this thing is redonkulous. Is it real?? I wonder. I myself am pretty sceptical. Any insight would be hugely appreciated. The picture appears to have two spiders.
http://www.camelspiders.net/

Last edited:

robin

from what i understand they are big ... but not as big as the photos make them out to be... however they are not a true spider. they are an arachnid yes but not spider. never the less if i saw one i have a huge can of raid waiting for one.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
robin said:
from what i understand they are big ... but not as big as the photos make them out to be... however they are not a true spider. they are an arachnid yes but not spider. never the less if i saw one i have a huge can of raid waiting for one.

Ditto On That!

C

Cryptly

No!!! If you see one don't use Raid!! :bigcry:

Call me!! I'll relocate it!! :main_yes: :D

ExcessiveHerps

Leo Addict
Thats actually 2 camel spiders one biting the other and it only loosk that large cause they are much closer to the lens than the person's leg behind them. I've seen camel spiders in person in 2 of my deployments to Pakistan and they onyl really maybe 3.5''-4''.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
thats definatly two spiders, count the legs. Also, if you scroll down it says they only reach a diameter of 6 inches. :)

T

Tokays_Unlimited

Those guys are hard to keep alive in captivity.I have gotten a few wind scorps in the past and had absolutly no luck on keeping them alive.
But if i am not mistaken there are a few people that have succesfully bred them in captivity.
www.venomlist.com
Thats a forum i am a member on.You should be able to find something there on them.

C

Cryptly

They are very tricky to care for. I had one for almost 5 months before it passed. I'm not sure what happed to it. Either something in the enclosure that I wasn't aware of changed, it didn't thrive, or maybe just old age (it was WC). :main_huh:

They are quite fun to watch, espically when there's a cricket in the enclosure. :D

Ian S.

HA HA HA... I just saw the section for invertebrates,
(where this post belongs) Sorry bout that:main_laugh:

Visit our friends