de-worming

marula

i need to have some advice about deworming my geckos...
i have pannacur at home, but i lost the paper whit the doses :main_rolleyes:
...somebody can give me the dose for ad adult gecko and for a baby?
do you think pannacure is the best product?
(sorry if i put some wrong word...be patiet with me :D )

marula

...may i will use for de-worming mine colonies the panacur for horses? is the same? i have a ton of panacur at the barn so i whant to know if i can use this (generally i will go to the vet and he de-worming my geckos directly at the clinic, but going with all of them now will be difficult ahahhaah)
i check their fecals and some of them have worms, but not coccidia...so....this week will be de-worming day!
do you prefer de-worming for 4 days or de-worming and repeat after one week for only 2 times total?
they all look well...they all eat a lot and are really active...so...let me know your schedule for de-worming in big breeding colonies ;-) (i check my vet too, but i prefer some advices from you too)

Lizard Lair

My vet's preferred method is to give Panacur 3 days in a row, then repeat 10 days after the last dose was given. This method has worked very well for my geckos.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
What is the best schedule to give Panacur? My vet told me once every 2 weeks for 3 times; then I read books that says once a week for at least 3 weeks...etc. All sort of different schedules. Which is the most effective?

BalloonzForU

Mandi, yes that's good, there is also the generic name safe-guard the actual drug is fenbendazole 10%. You can get it online through PetSmart.com and it runs about $8.00, with a long shelf life too. I picked up some when I was down in Daytona back in August, and they expire in 2009.

G

GeckoMandi

BalloonzForU said:
yup that's it! Ok, yeah that's the price. I knew it was close.
Ok it's a paste I just noticed I'm guessing this has to be diluted (sp) with water?

Sorry for the thread hi-jacking! lol

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
THe paste is not preferable because when adding water you are diluting the dewormer and then you have to do the calculations all over again(pain in the butt). Go with the liquid it is the easiest.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Sorry I need to chime in ask again, how often do you need to feed the panacur? My vet told me once every 2 weeks for a total of 3 times; I searched all the forums and noticed most people use it once every week for 3 weeks. Which is more efficient?

marula

gothra said:
Sorry I need to chime in ask again, how often do you need to feed the panacur? My vet told me once every 2 weeks for a total of 3 times; I searched all the forums and noticed most people use it once every week for 3 weeks. Which is more efficient?

i have the same question...
any suggestion?

S

Strike2

How do you know if your leo needs to be dewormed? (also sorry for hi jacking)

KiKi

frustrated mom
we bought the panacur horse cream from valleyvet and we do it once a week for two weeks and no diluting ,if its a cream you dont have to

Visit our friends