Snows?

D

dsreptiles

I've been thinking about getting more into Mack Snows when I get to Florida. But I've had my eye on the Snows from The Urban Gecko. And I was wondering if anyone had been working with mixing these two lines of snows. And what is the result?

I know the macks are co dom. And the other snows are supposed to be recessive in most cases but they have stated that they have found them to be dominant. So I was wondering if anyone has any pictures or has seen what happens when these two geckos have been bred together? As I think it would make for an awesome looking snow. And personally I think TUGs Snows are far superior in looks to the macks. But macks genetics are amazing.

D

dsreptiles

Well I've been talking to TUG and they say these snows aren't line breds. But I guess that will have to be proven. not sure if these are the same as Albeys line breds. but they don't look like it.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
I am a genetics idiot, I am not to proud to admit that!

The TUG site says they are dominant, one part says they have worked with them for over 5 years from WC and one says 4 years ago so maybe that is a site update thing.

This is the 1st year they are releasing them, for the price Id get get one (if I had the money) and get a male, cross it to a Mack female, a normal feamle and a few others and see what happens.

Visit our friends