Gutloading

T

Tainted Glory

When I had my rhacs, gutloading crickets generally consisted of feeding good foods. I would get a few dozen crickets, load up a kritter keeper with paper towel rolls and paper towels, throw in a slice of potato, and drizzle the tank with fish food. I never had any problems. Once my leopard geckos come in, when I do feed crickets, I plan on following the same routine. Sound kosher?

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Yup, it's pretty much the exact same thing. The one thing I would change is instead of using fish food, I would switch to a grain based gutload. I've heard of people using everything from fish food to dog food, oatmeal, home-made, as well as commercial made gutloads. Personally, I use Cody's Pro gutload - that stuff is fantastic!

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Ditto. Just be careful using dry meat-based products (dog or ferret food) because they can go rancid easily and cause bacterial infections. Likewise with non-human grade corn-based products, when they become wet they can grow toxic aspergillus mold.

I use 10-grain cereal and oatmeal mixed with about 10% Vionate, as well as fresh collard greens, squash, and sweet potatoes.

Visit our friends