Another question on how much mealworms to feed to very young gecko?

bethanboys

(I've been posting in the General discussion area - our baby Leopard Gecko we got from the petstore about 2 weeks ago has been eating on his own the past several days! YAY)

SO...I have no idea how old he is, but he's about 4" long (from head to tail) and his tail is still fairly skinny (but not stick skinny) I'm thinking he was about 2-3 weeks old when we got him, which puts him at about 4-5 weeks old now?

Anyway, I've been gutloading small mealworms (20 at a time) for a day before feeding, and I've got it on rotation so that he gets 10 mealworms every night.
Some nights all of the mealworms are gone by the morning, and like last night there was one mealworm leftover this morning.

Should I up his mealworms? Is 10 a night okay for a 1 mo. old or so? Most nights there are none left over by morning, but like last night sometimes there is one leftover.
Perhaps should I try upping it to 15 one night and just see how many are leftover by morning?

(By the way, the one that was leftover is already gone now...generally when he has some leftover..he just comes back and eats it at some point throughout the day).

Thanks!!

GoGo

I'm Watching You
You could get a bowl they cant escape and just leave an escalated amount in the cage with a bit of feed and suppliment in the bowl so their always fed and ready for the eating. Thats what i do, i also throw in some carrot because it keeps them alive. If i were you id put alot more in because the tail should be plump, 3/4 the size of the neck or fatter.

Visit our friends