New here & sharing pics

Stitch

These two are clutch mates.

Here is "Thing 1" at 1 month old:
Thing_1_one_month_close_up.JPG

This is "Thing 2" at 1 month, she is having problems and we don't know if she is going to make it:
Thing_2_1_month_close_up.JPG

Here are the parents to the two above.

Frosty (line snow from Albeys line)
Frosty_climbing.JPG

Snow White (line snow I believe from the lizard lair)
DSCN1413.JPG

Last but not least Precious:
f00fff73.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
What problems is Thing 2 having? I ask because she reminds me of one of my hatchlings whose head and body are shaped similarly (it's hard to tell exactly from the picture) and who is doing OK but not great.

Aliza

Stitch

acpart said:
What problems is Thing 2 having? I ask because she reminds me of one of my hatchlings whose head and body are shaped similarly (it's hard to tell exactly from the picture) and who is doing OK but not great.

Aliza

Well her body and head are actually proportioned peferctly. The problem she is having is she never fully absorbed all of her yolk. When she hatched she was still attached to the egg via the umbilical cord. When I opened the Hovabator I spooked her and she separated from the egg. My vet took a look at her since she is not growing any where near the rate that Thing 1 is. He said it looks like a small "mass" formed right where the umbilical cord would have been and that she needed to pass it. He put her on a medication that comes in clumps and needs to be broken up into very small pieces and becomes like sap if it gets wet. We went for a follow up and the vet said the mass is getting smaller and to only give her the meds for 2 more weeks and that she was doing great. But apparently she had some unshed skin on the eyes that I missed and now I fear that she will have eye issues since she keeps them about 1/2 to 3/4 closed when she's awake.

Stitch

Golden Gate Geckos said:
A tiny amount of petroleum based opthalmic salve on each eye applied gently with a Q-tip can do wonders for tight, unshed skin on the eyelids.

I have gotten all the skin off the eyes. Also there was some build up like "sleepies" in the eyes that I got out as well. I'm just hoping she comes full circle.

Stitch

A lot of times when a reptiles is "sick" their colors dull and are not as vibrant. It is a girl by the way, she is a line snow. Thing 1 & 2 hatched 3-4 hours apart, so you can see the difference in growth rate.

Visit our friends