Red Eyed Tremper Hybinos

H

Harmurray

Is it common to have a hybino with solid red eyes. Do they start out this way and change with time? Could some of you post pictures of your Tremper Hybinos and their eyes?

Thank you
Harold

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
When my hybinos hatch, they do look like they have solid red eyes... especially the males (higher incubation temperatures). As they mature, they don't look red unless you catch them in the dark with their iris wide open.

preacherman

Gecko Genetics
Dido to what Marcia said. I'm not aware of anyone producing a Tremper Hybino with solid red eyes. If anyone has I'd love to see pictures:)

H

Harmurray

I was just wondering if the eyes on this animal will change as it ages. It is currently a little over two months and about 20 grams.

RedEyed.jpg

RedEyed2.jpg

RedEyed3.jpg

bro paul

brightalbino.com
Very cool Harold! That definitely looks like the red-eyed gene crept in there somehow. Do you know if the parents were het raptor or anything like that? It's hard for me to tell without seeing it in person, but it looks like those are "raptor" red eyes. I hatched out an aberrant banded tremper this year with one solid red eye and one snake eye...chances are it will be a hybino considering the parents (it's still a hatchling). Now I know what I have to look forward to. Congrats on that one!

H

Harmurray

Parents and Grandparent

I believe you responded to another thread I started in "Show off your Leos" where I was trying to figure out if I had a Eclipse or Non-Albino Aptor. The parents of these are all Non-Albino 100% Het for APTOR. It is amazing the diversity of offspring that result from breeding these morphs.

The Father is named Goblin.
TCO-Male100HetforAptor.jpg

Here is a sampling of the mothers.

TCO-Female4100HetforAptor.jpg

TCO-Female3100HetforAptor.jpg

TCO-Female2100HetforAptor.jpg

TCO-Female1100HetforAptor.jpg

The Grandparents of the group are APTOR x 100% Het for APTOR. These are not my geckos but are owned by Alex at The Carnivorous Orchid.

Grandfather - APTOR -Splender
splendor2-DadAptor.jpg

Grandmother - 100 Het for APTOR - Hope
hope2-MotherGroup100HetAptor.jpg

rhac

Wow...that looks nice. Congrats Harold!
So your male is not only 100% het Aptor, he's 100% het Raptor. The same is true for the mother of the Hybinos. Or better they are heterozygous for the Ruby-eye-trait. But if you've been told the parents are het for Aptor it makes them het Raptor. So I hope you'll hatch some Raptors the next time.
You should definatel keep those Hybinos...

GroovyGeckos.com

"For the Gecko Eccentric"
I think any of the geckos that are carrying the gene for "Patternless" are able to produce Eclipse/ RAPTOR. Looks very nice, congrats!

H

Harmurray

Update Picture

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I just took an update photo tonight and the eyes still seem to be remaining the same color.

Gecko1006.jpg

Gecko1002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Visit our friends