AP racks new rounded corner design

S

SPJ

I really like the new look with the rounded corners.

DSCF0111.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

I just wish they offered white screws with the white racks.

DSCF0106.jpg

Do they hold humidity. Oh yeah. A bit too much if you ask me. This is with no misting. Just putting in new cypress bale substrate. You can see the condensation on not only the tub but the the underside of the shelf above. None of my other racks have ever done this. They usually just have some condensation on the tubs when I change out the substrate. Thankfully these are plastic and not MDF.

DSCF0110.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Whoa....crazy with the humidity! They do look nice. Are all of their racks like this now, or is it an option?

Boy, I wish I could afford some racks from them. It would save me sooo much space! Probably some electricity too - better insulation then what I have now (which is more or less completely open air!).

T

Tainted Glory

The rack looks pretty nice! I really like the rounded corners too. I would definetly drill a few more holes in the tub just to be safe. It seems a little excessive for geckos.

S

SPJ

Yep they are for snakes. But even this is way too much humidity for them.

I could not see any geckos being happy with this much humidity.

This is the same material at my Natures Spirit racks (just thicker) and I never had this happen with them when I changed out the substrate.

The rounded corner design is new. They still have the older style but they now offer this design as well. They also offer different heating options too. This one is actually the first one they made so far with double wide flex watt instead of heat cable.

I know what you mean about pricey. This is a 10 tub rack. I basically bought 3 racks from Casey for the same price.

And heavy! This thing weighs over 70 pounds with no tubs in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SPJ

You would never know this was plastic by looking at it.
It looks like MDF.

If you have a Natures Spirit rack, that is the same material. Lightweight (yeah right:D not in this case) and hard.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Nice! I really like the new design.

I get some condensation in the front of mine with newly hatched babies on paper towels, but nowhere near that amount.

S

shrap

Wow Steve.... got your very own rain forest going on there bud.

S

SPJ

Tell me about it. :D

Maybe I should start keeping BRB's.:main_laugh:

This is after 3 days of running with me wiping it down.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
I have ten of the "original" style AP racks and really like them (I know I've said that a thousand times). I'm actually picking up four more this weekend at Tinley Park. The rounded corners are a good idea, in my opinion. I've scuffed a few knuckles on the edges of mine. I don't have any issues with excessive humidity in mine, but I just use aspen for the snakes and the geckos have kraft paper and a humid hide.

I don't think of my AP racks as being heavy. I think of them as being sturdy. I had flimsy racks in the past, and won't go that route again. I'm not a very big person, but I can still move my six-foot-tall AP racks around by myself so I don't think they're excessive.

But yup, the rounded corners seem like a good idea :thumbsup:

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I like my A/P racks too, but if I got more I'd want to stick with the old design to they would match. I know the geckos could care less, but I'm a little OCD when it comes to decor, LOL!

Like yours, mine tend to retain humidity... especially if the geckos splash in the water bowl and make the paper towel wet. My old, home-made racks didn't do that, but they were not enclosed on the back. I think the material A/P uses retains the heat, and without air circulation inside the shelves the cool room air makes for more condensation.

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Golden Gate Geckos said:
I like my A/P racks too, but if I got more I'd want to stick with the old design to they would match. I know the geckos could care less, but I'm a little OCD when it comes to decor, LOL!

I'll admit, I panicked a little when I saw they had come out with the new design, because I wanted any new ones I got to match my existing racks. Fortunately, they're still making the older style if you ask :D

Visit our friends