Shedding help

D

dwarfgouramis

hi, this is a first time gecko that I have and he is now shedding, I was just wondering is there anything I could do to help him? He doesn't like to be handled either, I want to know how I could possibly "tame" him too. thanks for all your help.

dragonflyreptiles

Resident PITA
do you have a humid hide in the cage? Thats all they really need to help them along. Just get a deli cup (butter tub, dip container or gladware) and cut a hole in the side and put some moss or coco fiber in it or even a apaper towel, get it wet then place it on the hot side of your tank and thats it.

D

dwarfgouramis

oh ok, I didn't know they needed a humid hide as weel, my gecko has 2 hide boxs but not a humid hide, thank you very much.

Edit: After he is done shedding should I still leave the humid box in his cage?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dwarfgouramis

this doesn't actually relate directly to shedding, but after a leo sheds are they usually slow for awhile and don't eat for about a day? That is what my leo is doing right now..

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Yes, leave the humid hide in always. Actually it's usually the opposite. They tend to not eat when in shed, but he just might be full from his skintastic meal.

D

dwarfgouramis

yes ok, lol ya i watched him eat his skin.. it was.. interesting, lol
thank you for the clarification

Visit our friends