Tangs Alot

DanTheFireman

First, a group shot of an HG tang, Redstripe and RWs. The second pic shows that they all don't come out like that. The next decision is whether to line breed the RWs or to stretch it out another year and go tang to RW and Redstripe to RW, then het to het the next season. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Hmm....I can't give ya much advice on the breeding but I would say Line breed 'em. However that is just me. I'm glad you showed the not-so-tangy one to people. :) There is always a mix! Altho, how great would it be a treat to hatch out those really tangy ones, all the time?! :D

J

JBrune

Amazing!

Those are awesome Dan. Let me jump right in on this and offer all the help you need. Just pack those babies up and send them to me and I will help make the difficult pairing decisions for you! ;)
How fun for you, keep up the great work!
Joyce

ByRandom

Deliriously Random
I say scrap the entire project.... And sell them in lots for not a lot of money.... and tell me when they go on sale before anyone else... yeah, that's the ticket!

ThegeckoOutlet

Jordan Buda
Dan how orange were the first tangerines you bred? Like the ones you started off to produce those tangerines over the generations? Thats almost a complete red leopard gecko.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are some seriously AWESOME Geckos! I say do both as well, Line breed one or 2 groups and outcross the rest! And, then send the excess to me :)

Ian S.

WOW!!! Those seriously look like they came straight from a crayola coloring book. Amazing as always. With geckos looking like that I'd definately hold off a year and breed the tangs and red stripes to rainwater. ;)

DanTheFireman

ThegeckoOutlet said:
Dan how orange were the first tangerines you bred? Like the ones you started off to produce those tangerines over the generations? Thats almost a complete red leopard gecko.
Here are some from four seasons ago, then some from last year and a few more from this year. Two have had almost true red spots behind their heads that later turned an ugly dried blood color, you can see it on that one in the first pics. Maybe the albinos would look better. Thanks for the input, guys and gals.

Last edited:

eyelids

Bells Rule!
Absolutely stunning! I say give it one more year and see how much more you can get the color to develop. Not that they aren't on fire already!

CoolGeckos

Deaf Herper
WHERE my sunglass! Those are killers! You keeps get better by the year... Ship them to me you know where I am

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
Absolutely stunning colors!! Its great to see the comparison pic with the not so tang one. Awesome!!

B

Brian O

I think your RW's have enough color as it is. You seem to have more than enough skill to line breed them deeper so why outcross? Unless I've missed something you are way ahead of everyone else.
I can't wait to see what you have next season, WOW. I'ld love to get one of your HG Tangs, dang pesky mortgage.

Visit our friends